Vita game rarity suggestions questions.

#21shrimpdoodPosted 4/22/2013 11:34:55 AM
Nepherael posted...
shrimpdood posted...
So um, you buy a game for $40, pay another $25 to get it graded, and maybe ten years down the road, if you're really lucky, it'll be worth $80 ($15 more than you paid). Then what? Sell it on eBay and make like <$5 after listing and Paypal fees?

No, not quite. It's for my own personal collection. I don't really plan to sell it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to choose something that has a better chance at being worth more. That said why not go look on completed listings on eBay for graded copies of any retro system or games like Final Fantasy and Xenoblade Chronicles (hint: they sell for sometimes ten times more than they're worth. A example would be Earthbound on NES. Normal mint copy is around $400 and a graded copy hit $4000)

If you would like to know why someone does something or maybe get a little mpre information about something don't ask in a such an assy condescending way. I was really hoping coming back to the board for a topic or two every once in a while wouldn't be an annoying experience and yet again I haven't learned my lesson.

Games that hit 10x their MSRP are in the small minority. I doubt that a Vita re-release of a lesser game like Disgaea 3 would garner the kind of demand that a classic, original release Earthbound would get, despite how rare it may become.

Also, isn't it kind of silly to collect something for its possible future dollar value if you never plan to sell it?
#22Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/22/2013 12:01:12 PM
muramasa rebirth limited edition coming out in June might be rare however that hasn't been the case Fate/Extra and Hakuoki DotFB other Aksys LE. However I do believe it will be rare eventually and you can't go wrong for only 60 bucks instead of paying 100-200 for persona 4 solid gold. That or get the collectors edition of shin Megami 4 for 3DS.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#23DemonDog666Posted 4/22/2013 12:37:16 PM(edited)
Rotuhiiri posted...
I think both NISA and Atlus do reprints when their games are sought after. The Devil Summoner (PS2 games) just got reprinted by Atlus and Persona is a bigger franchise for them so P4G won't ever get rare. I can't think of a single Sony-published game that is rare either so I doubt that will happen to Soul Sacrifice either.

Digital distribution and probably piracy has made it so very few PSP games are rare either. I got into the PSP collecting late in the game and I've never had to pay $40+ for any PSP game apart from LEs and I own pretty much every decent RPG for the system.

I think DD will eat into reprints though, so alot of companies won't bother since they can just sell the digital version (especially Sony on vita games since they are pushing DD) and since DD games are worthless to collectors I think soul sacrifice will become a rare game, atleast physically and especially the collectors edition.
#24Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:46:12 PM
shrimpdood posted...

Games that hit 10x their MSRP are in the small minority. I doubt that a Vita re-release of a lesser game like Disgaea 3 would garner the kind of demand that a classic, original release Earthbound would get, despite how rare it may become.

Also, isn't it kind of silly to collect something for its possible future dollar value if you never plan to sell it?

Do you collect anything? I'm curious because your last statement just comes off weird to me. I collect certain games. I want to have a graded game. I can't afford something already graded and rare so I'm trying to find something that has a chance to shot at becoming rare. It's really as simple as that. It's about having something that is worth something to me and has a possible perceived value elsewhere. If that is silly than coin collectors are silly, car collectors are silly, and having any collection is silly. Collectors don't usually plan to sell but they take pride in the perceived value of their collection
---
PSN: Nepherael /// http://tinyurl.com/72s9lwv
Why did I keep going back?
#25shrimpdoodPosted 4/22/2013 2:55:39 PM
Shouldn't you just buy the game that is the most special to you, then? Only you know what that is.
#26Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:05:06 PM(edited)
shrimpdood posted...
Shouldn't you just buy the game that is the most special to you, then? Only you know what that is.

Not an option because of price point. If I listed the top ten, maybe even top twenty games most special to me buying even one of them sealed is a minimum of $100. Maybe there's a couple sealed copies of Mass Effect out there for $80 but that's still a pretty penny with grading fees on top

Edit:

Tell ya what though. I was doing some searching to find a game that was important to me and at the right price point. I'm not sure that they'll ever be that rare but I wanted to mention this for any gamers out there looking for something worth their time (total emphasis on story over gameplay but what an epic story).

I'm gonna pick up a sealed copy of 999: 9 hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors on DS and its sequel Zero Escape:Virtue's Last Reward on Vita and when the third hits maybe I can square the money to get all three of them graded together.

Anyone interested in an excellent story should do some research on these games.
---
PSN: Nepherael /// http://tinyurl.com/72s9lwv
Why did I keep going back?
#27psprulz2007Posted 4/22/2013 3:05:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]