Too soon for a Vita?

#1x_BraveryPosted 4/22/2013 8:54:54 AM
So long story short. I have a PS3. A 3DS (which I'm happy to have mind you - my JRPGS are untouchable) and I have (had a psp 1000) and the psp 3000 which I have put to rest for the time-being. I've always wanted a vita - but day 1? Nothing interesting (and you can't say there was much to work with). Was almost tempted to buy the vita when they announced P4G but wasn't ready for it then - and I was going to scoop up the vita on black friday but when I got to work we were already sold out and my check didn't up come.

Needless to say I missed out on getting the white vita for less than ~200. Should I bother getting the vita now and paying $249~ to get a brand new wifi-only and then spend an extra ~40 to get soul sacrifice? Not to mention I still have to get a memory card which is - quite frankly - OVERPRICED :(.

tl;dr I want a vita but is it worth overpaying for it now when I can buy it later on the holiday in a bundle?
also has anyone heard of Sony bringing over any bundles/limited edition systems - last I heard they were 'considering' a color system
---
Filia/Valentine main
#2Kabuto_YPosted 4/22/2013 8:57:02 AM
It's too soon to pay MSRP for a Vita imo. I got mine for $160, including Persona 4, and I've already had a few PS1 classics on my account that I can download onto the Vita.
#3x_Bravery(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:47:02 AM
Yeah that's the thing I don't want to be paying $249 for just the vita with no memory card..or no game that I would actually enjoy. Whereas if I wait a few seasons (winter) I'm sure there will be a nice bundle out. Thing is I really wanted to play Soul Sacrifice but ehhh... I guess i"ll patiently bide my time.
---
Filia/Valentine main
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 4/22/2013 9:53:13 AM
It's an amazing system that's definitely worth it. With E3 2013 imminent, I think it might be wise to wait until then. Perhaps they'll announce a a revision, a price reduction on the system or memory cards(hopefully both) or announce a nifty new bundle. If they don't make those announcements then it's safe to buy one.
---
Thanks to Shana, I'll never look at President Obama the same way ever again - The Vita Board 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5x_Bravery(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:01:52 AM
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/19/soul-sacrifice-playstation-vita-bundle-listed-by-amazon-france-includes-game-and-memory-card/

---- have my prayers been answered? $249.99 for a 4gb memory card and soul sac? Albeit a downloadable title - I can always buy a 32 GB card when they go on sale or the 16 GB card for at best buy
---
Filia/Valentine main
#6RotuhiiriPosted 4/22/2013 10:04:19 AM
x_Bravery posted...
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/19/soul-sacrifice-playstation-vita-bundle-listed-by-amazon-france-includes-game-and-memory-card/

---- have my prayers been answered? $249.99 for a 4gb memory card and soul sac? Albeit a downloadable title - I can always buy a 32 GB card when they go on sale or the 16 GB card for at best buy

It's France-only at this point sadly and the price is in €uro and not dollars. Soul Sacrifice is only a week from release so I highly doubt that bundle will reach America.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#7x_Bravery(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:06:33 AM
That was just announced under the blue though but eh.. You could be right. I'll stow away my excitement lol.
---
Filia/Valentine main
#8Virus66Posted 4/22/2013 11:07:01 AM
I've been on the fence also about a Vita. However, I really only am interested in Persona 4. That alone doesn't warrant the $250+ $99 for the larger memory card
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9blunderminePosted 4/22/2013 12:24:49 PM
Holiday's a much better idea. I'm not buying any gaming hardware until then. You know some place will have it <200
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#10DemonDog666Posted 4/22/2013 12:29:00 PM
My vote goes to buying it next time you see a deal or bundle you are interested in.