Thinking of getting a new game...

#1DuthosPosted 4/22/2013 9:38:09 AM
I love turn based RPG's. To that end I have P4G. I love endless grinding and merciless challenge. To that end I have MHFU. But between these two stellar games, I feel the need for a little variety.

I kinda want a first person dungeon crawl, but the options there seem rather slim. Cladun is half of that, and seems kinda promising.. but also rather wonky. I've was been looking at castlevania SON, which I have only played a little a long time ago but rather liked. There are a number of games I am quite interested in, but are out of my current price range (I got about 17$ on my account).

So, what games, within that rather limited price range, would qualify as must-haves? Or at least have enough content, and challenge, that I could fill the time between breaks from my current two favorites?

Thanks for any feedback.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/22/2013 9:39:24 AM
Get a 3DS for FPV dungeon crawler games.
#3FinnelforeverPosted 4/22/2013 9:42:02 AM
Duthos posted...
merciless challenge.

Wait what? P4G has nothing near that.

And you're 3 dollars short for getting God Eater Burst... That's quite a shame...
#4ScrubedgePosted 4/22/2013 9:44:14 AM
Well, since you liked Persona 4, you might wanna try the first Persona as well, especially since it's a first person dungeon crawler.

Unfortunately I don't know any other fpv dungeon crawlers for the PSP/Vita. But if you have a DS, you could also get SMT: Strange Journey, which is even more of a dungeon crawler than the first Persona.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Scrubedge
"Right, vending machines full of blood."
#5cheezedadadaPosted 4/22/2013 9:50:14 AM
Finnelforever posted...
Duthos posted...
merciless challenge.

Wait what? P4G has nothing near that.

And you're 3 dollars short for getting God Eater Burst... That's quite a shame...

Hes not saying P4G has merciless challenge...re-read the sentence again. It took me a second to read it correctly. He has p4g for the turn based and the challenge is for MH.
---
"I've been trolling GameFAQs for years, but most of my trolling is just me stating my honest yet horrible opinions"
-Darklit_Requiem
#6JranEQPosted 4/22/2013 9:56:25 AM
Dragon Fantasy
---
Final Fantasy 6 > Final Fantasy 7
PSN: JranEQ
#7Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:29:14 AM
I have a DS scrub, and strange journey is indeed excellent. I had only really tossed that in so that people responding would have an idea of the kind of games I like. I know there aren't any on the vita.

I'm poor as hell, so I want to be very careful with my next purchase... it will be my last one for awhile. Which is why I made this topic. I am very tempted to get that cladun... but the circle system just seems too weird to me. Although... FFT:WOTL would probably be a pretty good get as well. And since I have never played any lunar games the silver star story is tempting... but the lack of character customization is a bit of a turn-off.

There are a few I would grab in a heartbeat if I had enough to break the 20$ mark... more if I could break 30, but with what I have, the picking seem slim indeed,
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#8Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/22/2013 11:07:29 AM
Dungeon hunter alliance is probably your best bet or Ragnarok if it's on sale.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#9GhetsisPosted 4/22/2013 11:13:33 AM
Unchained Blades. It's a first-person dungeon-crawler, and a damn good one at that.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#10ZatchBellPosted 4/22/2013 11:18:54 AM
without any doubt definetly get castlevania. pick up the dracula x chronicles for psp its 15 and comes with 3 games one being symphony of the night. the voiced dialouge is better in the psx version but u get more bang for ur buck with dracula x chronicles
---
Sega Fan for Life