Is the vita worth it for me?

#1Spike2pt0Posted 4/22/2013 8:10:38 PM
So as the topic states, I've been thinking about getting a vita in the near future. I just don't know if it's worth the price. I like that the system has cross platform capabilities, and I have a decent collection of titles already thanks to PSN+ and cross buying from the ps3. Here are my worries. I'm into shooters, RPGs like Elderscrolls, and action-adventure like Uncharted, I already have Golden Abyss and don't expect anything like it in the future. Where shooters are concerned I want nothing to do with Call of Duty, and there don't seem to be any other good shooters. Also how durable is the system, because it seems rather fragile to me in comparison to most handhelds. Especially with both the front screen and rear pad being wide open. I am hoping to get feedback from those of you with they system.
#2zaiwenPosted 4/22/2013 8:23:41 PM
Spike2pt0 posted...
So as the topic states, I've been thinking about getting a vita in the near future. I just don't know if it's worth the price. I like that the system has cross platform capabilities, and I have a decent collection of titles already thanks to PSN+ and cross buying from the ps3. Here are my worries. I'm into shooters, RPGs like Elderscrolls, and action-adventure like Uncharted, I already have Golden Abyss and don't expect anything like it in the future. Where shooters are concerned I want nothing to do with Call of Duty, and there don't seem to be any other good shooters. Also how durable is the system, because it seems rather fragile to me in comparison to most handhelds. Especially with both the front screen and rear pad being wide open. I am hoping to get feedback from those of you with they system.

First of all, whether you choose to buy a brand new vita or get it used is up to you. You have to decide how much storage do you need. Do you plan on download a ton on psn via digital downloads? Or just use a memory card for mere saves & updates? Second, since you're already an existing psn+ subscriber, all its perks will be available to you especially to cross play featured games. I just don't get the part though that you plan on getting a vita, yet you already have golden abyss, lol... Anyway as far as vita's durability is concerned, i believe it's constructed with good materials & it definitely won't make you feel like it's made of some cheap plastic that it'll snap anytime. Oh & if you're into fighters, vita has you covered for those.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#313_TanksPosted 4/22/2013 8:28:28 PM
I've dropped my Vita on gravel before and all it has is a scratch on the back. I don't recommend dropping the Vita on hard surfaces but it is more durable than it looks.

As for the games you would like to play, look at videos for these titles:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (you said you have it but I take it you haven't played it)
Unit 13
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Gravity Rush
Stranger's Wrath

If those games interest you, then go for the Vita.

Also, some upcoming games you might like:
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone Mercenary

But at the end of the day, if a console doesn't have at least ten games exclusive to it that you want, it might be better to pass.
#4MetalZoicPosted 4/22/2013 8:32:14 PM
This topic ha a lot of words that I'm not going to read.
I'm just going to say "if you had to ask, then don't get one.".
#5Bancario51Posted 4/22/2013 8:35:28 PM
I think it is perfect for you.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#6zaiwenPosted 4/22/2013 8:37:06 PM
MetalZoic posted...

Then why are you here on this topic? Your input is as empty as what's inside that brain of yours, if there's even anything on it
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#7MetalZoicPosted 4/22/2013 8:40:12 PM
zaiwen posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Then why are you here on this topic? Your input is as empty as what's inside that brain of yours, if there's even anything on it

Woah there little miss poopy pants, no reason to get all snooty.
I answered his question. I feel if someone has to ask, then they probably shouldn't get it. Pretty simple.
#8AisiouxPosted 4/23/2013 1:10:27 AM
13_Tanks posted...
I've dropped my Vita on gravel before and all it has is a scratch on the back. I don't recommend dropping the Vita on hard surfaces but it is more durable than it looks.

As for the games you would like to play, look at videos for these titles:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (you said you have it but I take it you haven't played it)
Unit 13
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Gravity Rush
Stranger's Wrath

If those games interest you, then go for the Vita.

Also, some upcoming games you might like:
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone Mercenary

But at the end of the day, if a console doesn't have at least ten games exclusive to it that you want, it might be better to pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUC-ug5YAU
---
PSN - Niyz3x
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Aisioux
#9Spike2pt0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 8:02:48 AM(edited)
I appreciate all of the feedback. Golden Abyss, I received through PSN+, and since I enjoyed the other three games, which is why I mentioned it. I've been thinking about the Plus system bundle, but I might wait to see if a bundle is released with a larger SD card than the 4gb.