Has the Vita now officially flopped?

#31AIDSbeamPosted 4/28/2013 12:29:05 AM
In the Wii U topic the TC said "I'm going to slap my sister".

I think this confirms that TC is twitterfriends!

hah
---
"My grandfather was a sheep. **** the Welsh and anyone who tries to apologize for them." -battourye
#32AIDSbeamPosted 4/28/2013 12:30:29 AM
The main reason it will flop and so will future dedicated handheld gaming systems, is because of the rise of mobile/tablet gaming. Wile they don't have buttons games are infinitely cheaper. $0.69 - $10 compared to $40 for VITA and 3DS. Nobody can be bothered carrying around a phone and a VITA/3DS.

I carry my 3DS with me wherever I go, and now that I got myself a Vita I'm doing the same with that as well.
---
"My grandfather was a sheep. **** the Welsh and anyone who tries to apologize for them." -battourye
#33Fallen_LordPosted 4/28/2013 12:46:05 AM
DeanArt posted...
The main reason it will flop and so will future dedicated handheld gaming systems, is because of the rise of mobile/tablet gaming. Wile they don't have buttons games are infinitely cheaper. $0.69 - $10 compared to $40 for VITA and 3DS. Nobody can be bothered carrying around a phone and a VITA/3DS.

I always smile when I see this stupid argument. I have an android phone and I play 2 games regularly on it which happen to be Words with Friends and SongPop. The games are cheap on phones because they cost next to nothing to make as the average phone game has as much depth as Kim Kardashian. Your simple mind might be pleased with games where the gameplay consists of swiping and tapping a touchscreen but I like my games a little more challenging which is why I take my Vita with me everywhere along with my phone.
#34Skull_proPosted 4/28/2013 3:43:54 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
We went a long time without a floppy topic. Trolls ruin everything...

I lol'd hard. I dunno why.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
#35squall1981Posted 4/28/2013 3:58:12 AM
why are people calling TC a troll? he is simply stating facts, the vita is selling very poorly and people don't want it even after a price drop.

stop being so defensive just because somebody is stating facts you don't like
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#36HornyLevelPosted 4/28/2013 5:08:06 AM
Fallen_Lord posted...
DeanArt posted...

I always smile when I see this stupid argument. I have an android phone and I play 2 games regularly on it which happen to be Words with Friends and SongPop. The games are cheap on phones because they cost next to nothing to make as the average phone game has as much depth as Kim Kardashian. Your simple mind might be pleased with games where the gameplay consists of swiping and tapping a touchscreen but I like my games a little more challenging which is why I take my Vita with me everywhere along with my phone.

You totally missed his point there.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#37Human-BeanPosted 4/28/2013 6:01:59 AM
The Vita has had some strong sales in Japan as of recent; sales had exceeded that of the 3DS one week. There has also been a steady release of games for the console so, no. The Vita is not a failure; its presence in the market is only goinig to get stronger.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men.
#38HoIlywoodPosted 4/28/2013 7:12:49 AM
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...
I like the post where the guy compared Vita & WiiU to World War 2.

LOL so many insensitive and sure-to-be-modded jokes that I will have to keep to myself

6 million Vitas were lost in the war
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#39NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 11:50:58 AM
Do flopped, failed, and dead mean the same thing?

If not, what does flopped mean?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#40StrikeNinja24Posted 4/28/2013 11:53:12 AM
Nnamz posted...
Do flopped, failed, and dead mean the same thing?

If not, what does flopped mean?

Sales failure. Nothing more.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin