What tactics game for the vita?

#1OmegaWeaponDestroyerPosted 4/25/2013 8:26:43 PM
Ive played FFT but am sorta interested in playing again. Never played Tactics ogre. And I dunno any other similar games. So what would you recommend? Out of both or even a 3rd one I didnt know about. Just want a fire emblem esque game for my vita.

And not Disgaea.
---
Something. -Someone
1034 6159 0699 Pokemon Black FC Lily
#2kuiper_pkmnPosted 4/25/2013 8:49:18 PM
Tactics Ogre is probably the best "traditional fantasy" SRPG on Vita in terms of accessibility.

The closest thing you will find to Fire Emblem is Yggdra Union, as it's actually top-down (instead of isometric like most SRPGs like FFT and Tactics Ogre). Ygddra even does the same weapon triangle mechanic (swords > axes > lances > swords). That said, it is a bit mechanically complex and it may take you awhile to master the fundamental mechanics. But like all Sting's titles, it's incredibly manic and fun once you get the hang of things. Also in Sting's Dept Heaven series is Gungnir, which is an isometric tactics game that has cool stuff like branching story paths and such.
#3LvthnPosted 4/25/2013 9:16:40 PM
Just give in and play Tactics Ogre.
#4mike_411Posted 4/25/2013 9:30:55 PM
Jean D' Arc

or however you spell it...
I remember that being a fun game.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#5LvthnPosted 4/25/2013 9:32:42 PM
Jeanne D'Arc. To play it on Vita you need a PS3, it has to be downloaded to PS3 and then moved to Vita, because it's still listed as a PSP only game. It does play on Vita though.
#6synthetiksinPosted 4/25/2013 11:06:38 PM
Tactics Ogre followed by Jean.

Tactics Ogre is arguably better than FFT.
#7RotuhiiriPosted 4/26/2013 1:58:35 AM
Tactics Ogre is the best more traditional with Jeanne d'Arc also being a good choice. Yggdra Union is a good choice if you want to try something a little different.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#8OmegaWeaponDestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:39:59 AM
What has more replayability though? I know fire emblem had a ton of difficulties. And tactics I could always replay cause of new classes each playthrough. Tons of secrets, etc. I heard Ogre didnt really have different classes or customization though. And I dunno anything about Jeanne d'Arc. What would you recommend then?
---
Something. -Someone
1034 6159 0699 Pokemon Black FC Lily
#9ThugETHPosted 4/26/2013 8:02:24 AM
There is a new Final Fantasy Tactics game coming but it's for android/ios using the mobage format so probably a card battler:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Final+Fantasy+Tactics+S/news.asp?c=50403
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#10Sami1000Posted 4/26/2013 8:28:29 AM
OmegaWeaponDestroyer posted...
What has more replayability though? I know fire emblem had a ton of difficulties. And tactics I could always replay cause of new classes each playthrough. Tons of secrets, etc. I heard Ogre didnt really have different classes or customization though. And I dunno anything about Jeanne d'Arc. What would you recommend then?

Get the tactics ogre. Seriously buy it if you like srpg's. It has kinda hidden learning curve which means that you need to properly learn how to use and build each classes and what items to upgrade but after understanding those things it becomes really rewarding game. After you beat the game once you can do different route and enjoy harder game because now the enemies scales to your level. You also do all the post game scenarios and side quests on second playthrough. For now its my all time favorite srpg game but it might be destroyed by Fire emblem awakening next week.