What tactics game for the vita?

#11Stasis_SwordPosted 4/26/2013 3:41:30 PM
OmegaWeaponDestroyer posted...
What has more replayability though? I know fire emblem had a ton of difficulties. And tactics I could always replay cause of new classes each playthrough. Tons of secrets, etc. I heard Ogre didnt really have different classes or customization though. And I dunno anything about Jeanne d'Arc. What would you recommend then?

Tactics Ogre has the most post game content and is by far the best bet.

Once you've finished I'd recommend:
Jeanne d'Arc - Fun game losely based on Joan of Arc's life.
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - It's a cross between an SRPG and metal gear solid.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#12thinkingofwarPosted 4/26/2013 4:21:06 PM
Tactics Ogre is a strategy game without strategy. Enjoy your unlimited turn reversals.

Or you could play a good strategy game like Fire Emblem.
---
"You want Cloud? **** it, you get Shantotto!" ScrewAttack on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest
#13thinkingofwarPosted 4/26/2013 4:25:23 PM
Stasis_Sword posted...

I don't believe you've played Metal Gear Solid before.
---
"You want Cloud? **** it, you get Shantotto!" ScrewAttack on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest
#14Stasis_SwordPosted 4/26/2013 4:31:36 PM
thinkingofwar posted...
Stasis_Sword posted...

I'm not saying it is metal gear solid, I'm saying it has some elements from that type of game. What other SRPG has crouching/crawling, running for cover and head shots?
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#15thinkingofwarPosted 4/26/2013 4:37:23 PM
Stasis_Sword posted...
thinkingofwar posted...
Stasis_Sword posted...

I'm not saying it is metal gear solid, I'm saying it has some elements from that type of game. What other SRPG has crouching/crawling, running for cover and head shots?

So because it has action elements, it's immediately like a completely different game in the action genre?

Let me guess, you like Peace Walker too?
---
#16Stasis_SwordPosted 4/26/2013 4:55:33 PM
thinkingofwar posted...
Stasis_Sword posted...
thinkingofwar posted...
Stasis_Sword posted...

So because it has action elements, it's immediately like a completely different game in the action genre?

Let me guess, you like Peace Walker too?

Yes I'm stating that having elements like an action game, make it like that action game. I didn't say identical, just having similarities. Let me guess you probably dislike it when people say "flames dance" because they don't have feet or music right?
---
#17Steve_TeddiePosted 4/26/2013 5:00:02 PM
thinkingofwar is being dumb about TO in general, but he's right here. You made a ridiculous and specious statement.
#18Stasis_SwordPosted 4/26/2013 5:14:02 PM(edited)
Steve_Teddie posted...
thinkingofwar is being dumb about TO in general, but he's right here. You made a ridiculous and specious statement.

In the spirit of being a good sport and technically accurate:
Valkyrie chronicles is an SRPG with action elements, which are quite rare in SRPGs. The need to leverage cover and aim is reminiscent of several action games including (in my opinion) Metal Gear Solid.
---
#19thinkingofwarPosted 4/26/2013 5:24:23 PM
Stasis_Sword posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...

In the spirit of being a good sport and technically accurate:
Valkyrie chronicles is an SRPG with action elements, which are quite rare in SRPGs. The need to leverage cover and aim is reminiscent of several action games including (in my opinion) Metal Gear Solid.

Aiming is such a universal aspect that selecting Metal Gear as opposed to simply stating the element is a subjective and flawed choice.

Taking cover is actually quite the opposite of MGS gameplay as well.

You aren't technically right at all; you're generalizing based on what you remember. There's nothing technical about YOUR bad connections.
---