how long till the next "vita" comes out? worth getting this now?

#1DaddyDeejayPosted 4/26/2013 7:58:06 PM
i am interested in buying, but i dont wanna buy one only to have a next gen portable come out next year. what do you guys think? thanks.
#2ArronAubinPosted 4/26/2013 8:05:08 PM
Uh- a different model...? Honestly, if you're willing to wait, I suggest you hold out till E3. If SONY drops the price, then YAY! If not, then go pick one up ASAP. And are there games that you want for it..? I bought mine for Zero's, P4G and Soul Sacrifice. As long as you're not going to let it collect dust then I say go for it.
#3DaddyDeejay(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:11:19 PM
I wanted soul sacrifice and was waiting for FFX (if that's even ever going to come out now). But I don't want to buy it and then have a vita replacement come out in a year the way the vita replaced the PSP and the PSP stopped being supported.
#4alexg1989Posted 4/26/2013 8:24:49 PM
DaddyDeejay posted...
I wanted soul sacrifice and was waiting for FFX (if that's even ever going to come out now). But I don't want to buy it and then have a vita replacement come out in a year the way the vita replaced the PSP and the PSP stopped being supported.

wtf? dude, that's your fault. You had like 6 years to get a PSP before the Vita came out...

a Vita replacement is no where near the horizon.

In fact I'd say its doubtful that Sony comes out with another portable after the Vita's lifespan is up.
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#5PeteZaHutxPosted 4/26/2013 8:29:24 PM
DaddyDeejay posted...

Nah dont expect a new Sony handheld after E3 , i say a Vita revision like a Vita 2000 ( slim model) is more likely , some people are having doubts whether Sony will even release a new handheld at all , after the whole Vita debacle.
#6PangLaPosted 4/26/2013 8:44:06 PM
At this point just wait until a price drop or a sale.
#7sEmesextrEmPosted 4/26/2013 9:30:58 PM
i highly doubt sony are going to make another handheld... the vita flopped miserably, i do love mine, but many other people dont.
---
its not that you annoy me,
its just i dont like you ~smart man~
#8GuitaristMattPosted 4/26/2013 9:41:21 PM
why does everyone think the vita is getting a price drop or a hardware revision??? I think the only reason the slim came out was because of the ds lite
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#9PeteZaHutxPosted 4/26/2013 9:50:27 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
why does everyone think the vita is getting a price drop or a hardware revision??? I think the only reason the slim came out was because of the ds lite

What? the slim came out to make it more portable ,it provided better screen , better battery for extended life , built in microphone(3000 series).

PSP 2000 and 3000 were the best models objectively.
#10ironbruPosted 4/26/2013 10:22:18 PM
DaddyDeejay posted...

I don't mean to sound rude but Sony released the Vita 7 YEARS after the PSP was released. If you didn't get a PSP until the very end of it's lifespan then that isnt Sony's fault. Besides the PSP is still getting games released for it, they're just mainly digital only releases than physical releases.

If anything Sony might (though with the relatively poor sales of the Vita it's doubtful) release a revised version of the Vita, much like they did with the original model PSP to PSP 2000 and Nintendo did with the original model DS to DS lite.

I predict any of the following 3 things to happen myself:

1) Release a revised Vita at a lower price than Vita's currently sell for.
2) Reduce the "original" Vita to the same price as the revised version.
3) Discontinue 3G Vita's and only make Wifi only models.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.