What are the chances that Vita will get a new NFL, NBA, NHL or WWE game in 2013?

#1dcamp27Posted 4/26/2013 8:17:13 PM
I left out MLB because we already got it.
I would say that we won't be getting a new NFL game, but that's not too bad because at least we got one last year.
I would say the chances of a new NBA game is fair because they made NBA 2K13 for PSP last year. We need a Vita NBA game. Please let this happen.
NHL game, I have no idea, but it would be good to see.
WWE game we probably won't get, but I hope we do. The only reason I don't think it will happen is because we never got a handheld version of WWE 12 or WWE 13. Plus, the fact that it just switched from THQ to Take Two might complicate things. I hope we get a WWE game next year, if it doesn't happen this year.
What do you guys think?
#2DarkPhoenix852Posted 4/26/2013 8:25:26 PM
Nfl, maybe
Nba, maybe
Nhl, probably not
wwe game, probably not.

And wwe 14 is coming out this year.
---
My Psn: Dark_Phoenix852
#3RoachmeatPosted 4/27/2013 12:43:30 PM
dcamp27 posted...
WWE game we probably won't get, but I hope we do.

Even though I'm a wrestling fan, I can take it or leave it on a portable. Remember, the industry is moving toward an ONLINE PLAY or bust kind of thinking. Online multiplayer and big 'Royal Rumble' lobbies could be done easier on a console.

Plus, would you really want to give up the detailed "Create a wrestler" modes on the Vita for better screen fidelity and less slowdown in a 4 way battle royal?

The only reason I don't think it will happen is because we never got a handheld version of WWE 12 or WWE 13.

To be honest, the Psp versions of the ones we did get weren't exactly console perfect ports either. Like I mentioned, those editions were chugging during cage matches with two CaWs.

Plus, the fact that it just switched from THQ to Take Two might complicate things.

That's your best reason right there. And while Take Two gets acquainted with how WWE wants things to go with their franchise, maybe Vita can build up some sales and support.

I hope we get a WWE game next year, if it doesn't happen this year. What do you guys think?

Few would probably miss the WWE if one of the other wrestling game franchises were still viable as a substitution, like Fire Pro or Rumble Roses. It's why I would like RRXX from Xbox 360 to port over. The Vita could probably handle that without hiccups.
#4dcamp27(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:55:45 PM
Roachmeat posted...
dcamp27 posted...
WWE game we probably won't get, but I hope we do.

Even though I'm a wrestling fan, I can take it or leave it on a portable. Remember, the industry is moving toward an ONLINE PLAY or bust kind of thinking. Online multiplayer and big 'Royal Rumble' lobbies could be done easier on a console.

Plus, would you really want to give up the detailed "Create a wrestler" modes on the Vita for better screen fidelity and less slowdown in a 4 way battle royal?

The only reason I don't think it will happen is because we never got a handheld version of WWE 12 or WWE 13.

To be honest, the Psp versions of the ones we did get weren't exactly console perfect ports either. Like I mentioned, those editions were chugging during cage matches with two CaWs.

Plus, the fact that it just switched from THQ to Take Two might complicate things.

That's your best reason right there. And while Take Two gets acquainted with how WWE wants things to go with their franchise, maybe Vita can build up some sales and support.

I hope we get a WWE game next year, if it doesn't happen this year. What do you guys think?

Few would probably miss the WWE if one of the other wrestling game franchises were still viable as a substitution, like Fire Pro or Rumble Roses. It's why I would like RRXX from Xbox 360 to port over. The Vita could probably handle that without hiccups.

There are things they can do to make the game smaller and reduce the performance problems. Most wrestling fans don't care if their wrestling games are super detailed graphics-wise. WWF No Mercy and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns games are proof of that as neither of those games are graphical powerhouses.
It's all about the gameplay.
Also, make the custom stuff similar to Fire Pro. Don't let it get too detailed and the game should run good. If they want to include details, they should know their audience and that most people want to create wrestlers from the past, so they should include those wrestlers costumes as pre-set so that we don't have to go thru the process of creating custom logos.
#5psprulz2007Posted 4/28/2013 1:00:04 PM
We got Madden last year why would we not get one this year? I don't see any reason why we wouldn't. As far as NBA and NHL I doubt them. Same as Tiger Woods. WWE I don't care about.

Id be happy with
MLB The Show
Madden
Tiger Woods
NBA 2k.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#6NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 2:09:15 PM
I'd trade all the sports games for a cross play NHL game. All of them.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#7dcamp27(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:57:34 PM
psprulz2007 posted...
We got Madden last year why would we not get one this year? I don't see any reason why we wouldn't. As far as NBA and NHL I doubt them. Same as Tiger Woods. WWE I don't care about.

Id be happy with
MLB The Show
Madden
Tiger Woods
NBA 2k.

If you google "Madden 25 not coming to Wii U, 3DS, Playstation Vita", you come across an IGN article from about a month ago that says that it is not coming to Vita. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I figured IGN is a reputable enough site that it might be true.
It's still early, so hopefully it won't skip any of those systems.
#8cheezedadadaPosted 4/28/2013 3:00:38 PM
All I want is an NBA2K game...I really hope it gets a Vita release.
---
"beep beep boop flop."
-ShadowfxdBOT
#9Loserkid41Posted 4/28/2013 3:12:23 PM
cheezedadada posted...
All I want is an NBA2K game...I really hope it gets a Vita release.

Yes.
---
Shovel_Break: "shes not racist she just frowns upon interracial marriage"
#10stargazer64Posted 4/28/2013 3:13:41 PM
Nnamz posted...
I'd trade all the sports games for a cross play NHL game. All of them.

Me too
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411