All's Japan has to do is add ENGLISH text to their games and

#1BruceLee1974Posted 4/27/2013 5:59:41 AM
The problem is sold for the lack of games on the Vita in the rest of the world.

I'm not asking for full blown English speaking, just TEXT for menus and in game text.

I've seen some Japanese games add half English but what is the use of this, why not just add it completely to all Vita games since it's region free.

I wouldn't complain so much then with the lack of European releases as I would have a much larger choice.
#2DalekZeroPosted 4/27/2013 6:03:09 AM
I don't really agree with you. The kind of games that need text to enjoy it are story based games like RPG's. And those kind of games need more than just the menus translated.

While I understand what you mean for fighting games and such (where story isn't nearly the focus), a quick trip to the internet could reveal what the menus are saying, and since you'll be staring at the same menu the entire game, it won't require much more "self-translating".
---
"Is this board all under 16? except for me and (sailor)goon, which are on each side of the trolling." -Shadowfxd2
#3BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 6:04:36 AM
I'm not talking about just text for menus but in game text for the WHOLE game, if you read it properly :)
#4sinncrossPosted 4/27/2013 6:18:17 AM
basically they pay to translate all the text in a game and leave the voices as Japanese.

thats all dandy and what not but Japanese VA's need to sign separate documents for their voices to be used outside of Japan.

Its not exactly the easiest thing.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Try my LBP2 level http://lbp.me/v/jyqe5v Japan is so nice!
#5Fyrus_SverovecPosted 4/27/2013 6:23:35 AM
Oh hey, let's completely forget it costs money to translate and localize games (and not a little) and ask devs to bring games here !
#6StrikeNinja24Posted 4/27/2013 6:31:46 AM
Because it is a known fact that it will sell less without translation. Many people prefer to hear the game in their native language, and companies are trying to appeal to as large of a demographic as possible.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#7OtakuGameraPosted 4/27/2013 6:32:25 AM
how many times are you going to ask the same question?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#8Muv-LuvPosted 4/27/2013 6:38:50 AM
Um... is this guy trolling? ...or is he really that hopelessly naive?
#9Kit_SakurazukaPosted 4/27/2013 6:44:14 AM
I don't think he means that the games would be released outside of Japan at all. Just that the English text would be available for anyone who felt like importing. People complain about how much they 'need' dubs (even at the expense of months added to the localization process), but didn't that Demon's Souls game sell a ton of copies to importers because it had a full English translation on the Japanese disk?

Native English-speakers aren't exactly a majority in the Western world, as much as we seem to want to think we are, so I don't think it would actually harm sales all that much, if they just made games we'd otherwise never see a bit more import-friendly.

The only real obstacle to this idea is what a pain Sony made it to change accounts on the Vita. Getting DLC or digital copies for imports can be a real chore.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia), Hakuoki: DotFB, GoC: Pandora's Reflection.
#10aendrasPosted 4/27/2013 6:51:33 AM
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
I don't think he means that the games would be released outside of Japan at all. Just that the English text would be available for anyone who felt like importing. People complain about how much they 'need' dubs (even at the expense of months added to the localization process), but didn't that Demon's Souls game sell a ton of copies to importers because it had a full English translation on the Japanese disk?

Native English-speakers aren't exactly a majority in the Western world, as much as we seem to want to think we are, so I don't think it would actually harm sales all that much, if they just made games we'd otherwise never see a bit more import-friendly.

The only real obstacle to this idea is what a pain Sony made it to change accounts on the Vita. Getting DLC or digital copies for imports can be a real chore.

That was what I also thought TC was thinking off