Considering a Vita

#1thedynastygmPosted 4/27/2013 1:09:42 PM
I'm seriously considering getting a Vita, with Soul Sacrifice looming - though not completely sold on it - and Disgaea. The price point, I must admit, has me on the fence. Also, the longevity of the system (future releases). Also, what sort of playstation games are available with a PS+ sub?

I'll give you an abbreviated list of what I like:

Monster hunter
Dishonored
Bio shock
Fire emblems/FFT

Any help, or convincing would be greatly appreciated.
#2thedynastygm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:36:46 PM
Nobody? :3
#3auronrenouillePosted 4/27/2013 1:41:17 PM
The PS+ games that I've downloaded since January or so (I was planning to get a Vita):

Disgaea 3
Gravity Rush
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout

I don't know which of the five are available today but believe that most of them are because many of them are used as sales pitches for the Vita and PS Plus combo. I do believe that Disgaea is available today, as well as Gravity Rush and WipEout.

Also, some PSP games still make it to Plus - the most recent one that I downloaded to my PSP was Tekken, which I think became available this past Tuesday.
---
- Time is a river, and history repeats.
#4thedynastygm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:43:39 PM
Do you consider it a worthwhile purchase? Not to start a war here, but I wholly enjoy my 3DS. Just want to make sure it won't end up shelved, not at it's price point.
#5LvthnPosted 4/27/2013 1:45:14 PM
thedynastygm posted...
Do you consider it a worthwhile purchase? Not to start a war here, but I wholly enjoy my 3DS. Just want to make sure it won't end up shelved, not at it's price point.

I've been quite happy with mine. Especially when you factor in PSN games, there are more games that I want to play than I have time to play, which is basically the definition of a worthwhile console purchase.
#6Elswood2112Posted 4/27/2013 1:48:39 PM
The current PS+ games for vita are Uncharted: GA, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048, Tekken 6 PSP, Disgaea 3 and Soul Calibur: BD (psp).

Disgaea 3 is leaving PS+ on April 30th.

Other games that have been on it (I've had it almost entirely since vita plus was launched)

Jet Set Radio
Retro City Rampage
Plants vs. Zombies
Mutant Blobs Attack
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Foosball 2012
Megaman X Maverick Hunter
Final Fantasy Tactics WotL
insert random ps1 games like resident evil and syphon filter

Overall if you already have a ps3, it's clearly a good value. I worry about Sony's choices for American plus though. Europe has a gigantic advantage in this department (albeit at the cost of physical releases), but if you are looking for a good way to jump start your game collection it's a no-brainer -assuming you can shell out the extra money for a memory card-
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#7thedynastygm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:49:43 PM
Lvthn posted...
thedynastygm posted...

I've been quite happy with mine. Especially when you factor in PSN games, there are more games that I want to play than I have time to play, which is basically the definition of a worthwhile console purchase.

That's what I was looking for. I can easily afford it, but I'm still a touch unsure. A want vs need situation for me.
#8BlestsolPosted 4/27/2013 1:50:34 PM
Dude, research which games are available and which games will be soon.... and go about it that way.

All these topics ever do is attract the trolls.
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#9fourgigmanPosted 4/27/2013 1:52:52 PM
You can get monster hunter freedom unite for your vita, i dont think bioshock is coming anytime soon.
FPS games are few and far bettween but resistence burning skies was quite good, Call of duty has a crap campaign but awesome multiplayer.
Fire emblem is a 3ds exclusive i beleive so dont count on that.
Killzone Mercenary looks fantastic but is not released till september 13.
There are plently of games on the psn such as playstation 1 classics and PSP.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
Online with DOA5+ and Wipeout2048
#10auronrenouillePosted 4/27/2013 1:54:26 PM
I only purchased mine last week and am still waiting for my 32GB memory card from Amazon before I can play all of my games, but on balance, yes. However, one caveat - the screen is highly reflective, so I expect that I'll still be using my 3DS XL for commuting and Vita primarily either at home or for longer travel, particularly since I live in a very sunny region. I suspect that it would be useless while waiting for a bus and may even be hit-or-miss while on the bus, particularly at morning and evening rush hour when the sun is on the horizon.

But I got it home after having played my PSP and immediately went "whoa, this is beautiful!" It's difficult to overstate how nice that huge screen is. Because Nintendo and its developers are sometimes hesitant about bringing over the more quintessentially "Japanese" titles (like JRPGs and whatnot), you'll need to eventually have a Vita in order to not miss things; Persona 4 Golden was a huge, huge draw for me; of course, Atlus is still bringing some SMT games to 3DS. The two systems are so different that I don't expect that you'll see many multi-console titles.

IMHO this memory card business was Sony's biggest mistake; the idea of having to pay $87 for a 32GB memory card from Amazon has kept me from buying it for a long time now. But on balance, I can tell that I'll be really happy with this.

Caveat: I have not played all of those Plus games yet, as my memory card doesn't come until tonight. Thus far, I've largely been testing the water in the proverbial wading pool. But for someone with poor eyesight, this huge screen is just beautiful and the games I have been playing are pretty awesome. Also note my other post on this message board - my whites are not very white, but I strongly suspect that I pulled the short straw and need to exchange my potentially defective current model - not a big deal. But you may want to see how other board members reply to that post, if that concerns you.
---
- Time is a river, and history repeats.