Considering a Vita

#21jenraisPosted 4/27/2013 2:46:02 PM
dolorsitamet posted...
fourgigman posted...
jenrais posted...
thedynastygm posted...
I'm seriously considering getting a Vita, with Soul Sacrifice looming - though not completely sold on it - and Disgaea. The price point, I must admit, has me on the fence. Also, the longevity of the system (future releases). Also, what sort of playstation games are available with a PS+ sub?

I'll give you an abbreviated list of what I like:

Monster hunter
Dishonored
Bio shock
Fire emblems/FFT

Any help, or convincing would be greatly appreciated.

All I can say is you'd like the 3DS more because of the limited library the vita has right now.

I love my vita. I just hate the lack of actual games.

Ugh it depends on what games you like.
I look at the 3ds setup at my local game shop and nothing much appeals to me...its all a matter of taste.

in my local store (in china currently) they stock mostly japanese games (which is not detectable with my US 3DS), can't even find fire emblem here. even if they have one, the price is $10 more than actual price.

for me it's 3ds that's lacking games because of the local accessability, so PSN won me. day 1 vita/ps3/ps4 games from anywhere in the world.

Well that's a different case entirely. Doesn't mean the 3ds has a limited library. Just means you live in a weird area.
#22RjmhartPosted 4/27/2013 3:30:33 PM
Sounds like you have done your research. I find there's quite a few games that suite my tastes on the actual releases.

I've been playing that Silent Hill game and I'm finding it quite addicting. I'm enjoying it more than most of my ps3 games. However, I can see its flaws and understand it might not be for everyone.

That said, I'm real happy I picked up a Vita. Between the games out now and the ones announced I see at least 10 that I really want to play. Plus there's the whole selection of games on psn. Not that I think it will be, but even if it were discontinued, there's enough titles that I at least feel I can get my money's worth out of it.

Think of it this way, I believe you will be able to get Final Fantasy 1-10 on the Vita when the 10 remake is released. That alone is what, 300+ hours?
---
Psn: big_bob002
#23AiuchiFanboiPosted 4/27/2013 6:06:50 PM
Rjmhart posted...
Sounds like you have done your research. I find there's quite a few games that suite my tastes on the actual releases.

I've been playing that Silent Hill game and I'm finding it quite addicting. I'm enjoying it more than most of my ps3 games. However, I can see its flaws and understand it might not be for everyone.

That said, I'm real happy I picked up a Vita. Between the games out now and the ones announced I see at least 10 that I really want to play. Plus there's the whole selection of games on psn. Not that I think it will be, but even if it were discontinued, there's enough titles that I at least feel I can get my money's worth out of it.

Think of it this way, I believe you will be able to get Final Fantasy 1-10 on the Vita when the 10 remake is released. That alone is what, 300+ hours?

For some silly reason V doesnt work on the Vita. I believe it has a save bug that wont let you save, so Sony has banished it forever. But all the others are there - I think...
---
If you bought a VITA after 3/29 or are buying one before 5/10, then PM me for a referal link to SONY for a free $20 PSN gift card.
#24zandm7Posted 4/27/2013 6:42:20 PM
TC, if there are enough games to interest you (check Metacritic for a rough list of what's good, though obviously opinions vary), I would say get one. Don't worry about its longevity; I think Sony will be able to ensure that this thing is around for at least another 5 years.

As for the price, you can mitigate that by simply buying a bundle or something.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#25trancejeremyPosted 4/27/2013 9:38:18 PM
Don't get a Vita. There are very few games coming to it, and the current ones are vastly overrated because Vita owners seem to have a form of Stockholm syndrome, where every mediocre game the Vita gets is the greatest thing ever.

Easily the worst $200 I've spent.