Even with the recent big name releases on the 3DS... VITA > 3DS

#1Prometheus4208Posted 4/27/2013 8:09:12 PM
I own both a 3DS and VITA. I actively play both and own or have played most of the major releases. Let's just get that out of the way. Basically, I'm trying to say that i'm not just some "Sony Fanboy" trying to "troll".

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my 3DS and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey 4. But those two titles aside, I'm really not too impressed with the 3DS lineup or Nintendo in general. I mainly play RPG's, but I do dabble in pretty much every other genre as well. I was disappointed with Tales of the Abyss (although it was a good port), Monster Hunter 3 (largely due to the lack of online play), Soul Hackers, Castlevania and Pokemon Version 2. Yes, I realize Pokemon is not technically a 3DS title but I threw it in there anyway.

My main concern though is with the eShop and the lack of older games. Not just older games but all games really. They've gotten better, but they really need to have more games available for digital purchase. Off the top of my head I could think of about 12 SNES games that I would purchase without question and play on my 3DS. Their Virtual Console selection is seriously lacking, no matter how you look at it.

I understand Nintendo's stance on this though. Let's be honest, Nintendo consoles in general (but especially the DS) target a younger audience. I wish they would at least try a little harder to appeal to a more mature audience. I know that most DS players have never even seen a Super Nintendo, let alone want to play it's games, but how much could it cost to throw those titles on the eShop? I'm in my twenties, it doesn't matter where I am or what I'm playing, if i'm on my 3DS i just feel like i'm a little kid... or at least that I appear that way.

Now then, on to my opinion of the VITA. I effing love it. I bought it used, got a 32 gb card and literally love everything about it. I used to have a PSP, and it was kind of.. meh. But the VITA was hands down one of the best purchases I've made in years. I love how smooth and simply the interface is. I love the button/control stick/touch screen layout. I love the functionality and capabilities. Seriously, I love this thing.

I've never had one problem with it either. Transferring data from your PS3 or computer is inherently easy (especially compared to the 3DS, although I hear it's getting better), downloading digital games is a breeze, battery life is excellent and playing psp or PSOne games is an absolute joy.

Also, the whole "lack of good games" argument about the VITA simply isn't true. Hell, just look at the games in my signature alone. That doesn't even include Uncharted, Gravity Rush, DoA5, Wipeout, etc. But what really seals the deal for me is all the PSone classics and PSP games that are available on the PS Store. Now I know that the store has it's issues, but in my opinion it absolutely blows the eShop and XBL store out of the water.

I literally have years worth of games I could play on my VITA. I probably won't even finish half of them, but that's the beauty of the Sony library. Anytime I'm bored or want a new game, I just pick one out and i'll be playing it 10 minutes later. I love that. Thankfully I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to buy videogames at will (and usually do) and the VITA makes it so easy to give in to any spontaneous purchases I wanna make.

TL;DR - As of right now, I have about 20 titles on my VITA that I am playing or will play eventually. My 3DS currently has 0 now that I finished EO4. In fact, Pokemon Version 2 is the only Nintendo game I have even a remote desire to play... and frankly it's like my 8th priority at this point.
---
My VITA: P4G, Guacamelee, Dragon Fantasy, Soul Sacrifice Demo, Zero Escape, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, Atelier Totori, 5 PSOne games, 5 PSP games
#2SagadegoPosted 4/27/2013 8:11:20 PM
sorry gonna have to disagree.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon?- Demondog666
#3gamesycdanPosted 4/27/2013 8:16:36 PM
Opinions.
#4AstralFrostPosted 4/27/2013 8:17:29 PM
Agree TC. Yeah the Vita could (and will) get some more games but anyone that says it doesn't have any is either trolling or not looking hard enough. I have years worth of content on my Vita.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5VyseLegendairePosted 4/27/2013 8:18:04 PM
You put into words exactly why I've chosen the Vita over the 3DS just recently. I had a bad experience with the original DS years ago, and then got a PSP and was satisfied. Seems that Nintendo consoles just don't have enough 'hardcore' games that an adult really needs to stay engaged.
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#6CompassPosted 4/27/2013 8:19:26 PM
VyseLegendaire posted...
Seems that Nintendo consoles just don't have enough 'hardcore' games that an adult really needs to stay engaged.

lol.
#7CompassPosted 4/27/2013 8:27:34 PM
Prometheus4208 posted...
Also, the whole "lack of good games" argument about the VITA simply isn't true. Hell, just look at the games in my signature alone.

Um. Okay, if you insist:

My VITA: P4G, Guacamelee, Dragon Fantasy, Soul Sacrifice Demo, Zero Escape, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, Atelier Totori, 5 PSOne games, 5 PSP games

Yikes, that wasn't pretty. Er, okay:

Port, port, port, demo, multi-plat, port, port (? not sure, MK is terrible regardless), port, port, PSOne games, PSP games.

So... yeah. Is this a stealth Vita troll topic? Those could all be amazing games, but the fact they're nearly all available on other platforms often in higher resolution, is kind of what people mean when they say "Vita has no games." The 3DS has ports, too, but it also has a ton of great content you can't get anywhere else. Vita needs more of that. So far it's pretty much... Gravity Rush and Uncharted.
#8AiuchiFanboiPosted 4/27/2013 8:28:03 PM
Kudos for the use of paragraphs, but its all subjective, so whatever man.
---
If you bought a VITA after 3/29 or are buying one before 5/10, then PM me for a referal link to SONY for a free $20 PSN gift card.
#9Shadowfxd2Posted 4/27/2013 8:28:44 PM
Wrong board for reassurance. Vita board is that way --->
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#10Starwars4JPosted 4/27/2013 8:33:42 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Wrong board for reassurance. Vita board is that way --->

This is the Vita board?

But that aside, TC you are certainly entitled to your opinion. As unpopular as that opinion may be. Some people consider George Bush to be the best president the US has ever had, and they're perfectly entitled to that opinion as well.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade