Even with the recent big name releases on the 3DS... VITA > 3DS

#51jazzlover511Posted 4/28/2013 11:07:23 AM
Human-Bean posted...
jazzlover511 posted...

Put aside Fire Emblem which people say an awesome game, aren't you bored with Mario? I mean, come on. I like 3DS but to be honest, too many Mario games. Yeah almost all of them are ports, but people may not have time to play it on home consoles, so they wanna have portable device to play those games. Lots of awesome PSOne games are available on Vita which we can play again now. Anyway the point is, it's a matter of opinion. Vita doesn't have great games like 3DS, but we are able to play those PSOne games. If you're still gonna say that 3DS has lots of original titles, then you're just a weird nintendo fanboy who can't accept the fact, and a disrespectful person

For the most part I agree, but I digress. Your last comment was rather amusing; it applies to all those who are only interested in the competiting product on this board, and propagate nonsense. I have lost count for how many times they have caused me grief.

My point for that is, if he insists that he's right, then he can't respect other's opinion. I shouldn't put that one I reckon, but it's just silly for me, because he thinks he's the right one in this matter. I mean, come one, just play your own stuff. 3DS is awesome with many games and future titles, and Vita is also great with many classic PSOne games available, and expected original title as well in the future.
#52Golden_MeanPosted 4/28/2013 11:26:23 AM
Damn they really came out of the woodwork. LOL
---
LoL: Rontuaru -- PSN: Kikkosauce66 -- SoulSacrifice: Rontu
#53NewhopesPosted 4/28/2013 12:03:27 PM(edited)
Next to no interest in the Vita games library only game I really want to play is Gravity Rush with a couple like soul sacrifice that I wouldn't mind playing, the rest that I would play like Persona 4 I've already played on other systems and no I won't replay a 50-60 hour game that I played a few years ago for a little extra content.

On the other hand the 3DS has 6-7 day 1 buys for me this year and 2-3 possible buys like Chronoblade.

Bravely default
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei soul hackers
Fire emblem
Etrian odyssey 4
Project X Zone
#54SuichimoPosted 4/28/2013 2:17:20 PM
jazzlover511 posted...
Put aside Fire Emblem which people say an awesome game, aren't you bored with Mario? I mean, come on. I like 3DS but to be honest, too many Mario games. Yeah almost all of them are ports, but people may not have time to play it on home consoles, so they wanna have portable device to play those games. Lots of awesome PSOne games are available on Vita which we can play again now. Anyway the point is, it's a matter of opinion. Vita doesn't have great games like 3DS, but we are able to play those PSOne games. If you're still gonna say that 3DS has lots of original titles, then you're just a weird nintendo fanboy who can't accept the fact, and a disrespectful person

Can you please define what you mean by a Mario game? Do you look at something like Luigi's Mansion and consider it the same as something like Super Mario 3D Land? How about Mario & Luigi Dream Team and NSMB2? Because I look at all four of those titles and see something vastly different in each one. That is why people get excited for new Mario games, because you likely won't see one of that specific type again for a long time. Or are all games that star Mario the same? Also, what Mario game is a port on the 3DS?

As for the second part of your paragraph. The ENTIRE DS library is available on the 3DS. The DS library is one of the best in the history of games, rivaling and possibly even surpassing the SNES and PS2. Three systems that every gamer should play.

And are you saying that the 3DS DOESN'T have lots of original titles? Because we can go ahead and list, I'll assume that original in this context means "not a port, remake, or multiplat": Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil: Revelations*, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Code of Princess, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate**, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Link to the Past 2, Project X Zone, Pokemon X/Y, Ace Attorney 5, Monster Hunter 4, and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

That isn't including original games that I have no personal interest in or that are Japan only. Nor are eShop titles like Pushmo and Crashmo in there.

But apparently, because those games exist, I'm a disrespectful person...

* - I believe Resident Evil Revelations should still count as it is the consoles that are getting a port of it, not the other way around.

** - Not sure how to count MH3U. It was originally a stand alone game with the Wii U version coming out roughly a year later. But we got both at the same time.

DalekZero posted...
Same.

Also, for the record, why are games like guacamelee considered ports? I was always under the assumption that a port is made years after the original. guacamelee seems to be a multiplat, not a port. Otherwise, by the same logic, VLR on the 3ds is a port, and the REAL port of guacamelee is on the ps3, not vita.

Guacamlee is a multiplat, not a port, it was released on the same day, people. I'm curious how that logic would lead to the 3DS version of VLR being a port though. Certainly the fact that 999 was a DS exclusive would give the 3DS VLR some leverage in that regard.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#55DalekZeroPosted 4/28/2013 2:27:19 PM
Suichimo posted...
jazzlover511 posted...

Can you please define what you mean by a Mario game? Do you look at something like Luigi's Mansion and consider it the same as something like Super Mario 3D Land? How about Mario & Luigi Dream Team and NSMB2? Because I look at all four of those titles and see something vastly different in each one. That is why people get excited for new Mario games, because you likely won't see one of that specific type again for a long time. Or are all games that star Mario the same? Also, what Mario game is a port on the 3DS?

As for the second part of your paragraph. The ENTIRE DS library is available on the 3DS. The DS library is one of the best in the history of games, rivaling and possibly even surpassing the SNES and PS2. Three systems that every gamer should play.

And are you saying that the 3DS DOESN'T have lots of original titles? Because we can go ahead and list, I'll assume that original in this context means "not a port, remake, or multiplat": Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil: Revelations*, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Code of Princess, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate**, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Link to the Past 2, Project X Zone, Pokemon X/Y, Ace Attorney 5, Monster Hunter 4, and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

That isn't including original games that I have no personal interest in or that are Japan only. Nor are eShop titles like Pushmo and Crashmo in there.

* - I believe Resident Evil Revelations should still count as it is the consoles that are getting a port of it, not the other way around.

** - Not sure how to count MH3U. It was originally a stand alone game with the Wii U version coming out roughly a year later. But we got both at the same time.

DalekZero posted...
Same.

Also, for the record, why are games like guacamelee considered ports? I was always under the assumption that a port is made years after the original. guacamelee seems to be a multiplat, not a port. Otherwise, by the same logic, VLR on the 3ds is a port, and the REAL port of guacamelee is on the ps3, not vita.

Guacamlee is a multiplat, not a port, it was released on the same day, people. I'm curious how that logic would lead to the 3DS version of VLR being a port though. Certainly the fact that 999 was a DS exclusive would give the 3DS VLR some leverage in that regard.

Ha, sorry if you misunderstood. I was puzzled as to why others call it a port, and then showing why that logic made no sense. And it lead to it because if a multiplay can be called a port, so can another. I don't agree with that though.
---
"Is this board all under 16? except for me and (sailor)goon, which are on each side of the trolling." -Shadowfxd2
#56Rurouni720Posted 4/28/2013 2:56:01 PM
kewldude475 posted...
AIDSbeam posted...
I had a bad experience with the original DS years ago

um? the DS is the best gaming system ever released, I don't get how you could have had a bad experience with it.

To be honest, I wasn't all THAT impressed with the DS. I guess the PSP and it's console like graphics and controls against the DS graphics controls just made me care a lot less for it.

I honestly just think the DS is very overrated.

Goodness you've missed out on loads of amazing games on the DS....and i do mean loads of them.

It's still one of the best systems of all time though, you really should try out a couple of games on it.
#57SuichimoPosted 4/28/2013 3:06:54 PM
DalekZero posted...
Ha, sorry if you misunderstood. I was puzzled as to why others call it a port, and then showing why that logic made no sense. And it lead to it because if a multiplay can be called a port, so can another. I don't agree with that though.

Haha, no misunderstanding there. I completely agree with you that Guacamelee IS a multiplat title and not a port. I just had a bit of curiosity about your VLR mention.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#58jazzlover511Posted 4/28/2013 5:46:34 PM
Suichimo posted...
jazzlover511 posted...

I should have changed my word then. Alright, first of all the last sentence that I wrote was meant for the guy if he keeps insisting that 3DS stands as the best handheld because of its original title, that's why I said he is being disrespectful, whereas Vita has its own PSOne library which is great. I did say 3DS has lots of great games that Vita doesn't, and I refer it to 3DS original titles and DS awesome ports as well I agree. I didn't say about Mario port game, I'm just saying that there have been lots of Mario games, but if you like them then it's your opinion. You don't need to be mad, because every person has his/her own opinion. And I'm not saying a bad thing about 3DS, my point is if someone has his/her own opinion, you can disagree but just respect it.
#59OoSubaruoOPosted 4/28/2013 6:15:07 PM
Vitassurance topic. Both are amazing systems, each offering games for everyone.
#60kcypher2000Posted 4/28/2013 7:38:29 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I have a ton of vita games I am playing right now (TWA, guac, DF1, Machinarium, EDF, Urban trials and sly Cooper) I also have a hefty amount of PSP games that I am playing right now (crimson gem saga, lunar, LoH, Elminage, Unchained Blades and growlanser). There is a ton more of course, but these are the games that are in the current rotation.

I noticed the word "port" gets tossed around here like if it was a negative thing. I don't see anything wrong with ports and I don't care whether the game I am playing on the vita is available on 45 other consoles, they don't provide the handheld experience so it's a moot point.

Its negative because you dont need a vita to play them and most were out on other systems way before the vita and now much cheaper. Cant believe i had to explain this.