Why would Sony put up all of these sales on the day of Soul Sacrifices release?

#1plo617Posted 4/29/2013 5:27:08 PM
I was going to pick up Soul Sacrifice tomorrow, though I was almost tempted to get that Tomb Raider during that flash sale. However, now with all of these insane new sales (I cannot pass up on), I'm going to delay my purchase of Souls Sacrifice.

Do you think that Sony (and I know some of these aren't first party, but a bunch of theme are), is potentially going to hurt there Soul Sacrifice's sales with the timing of these sales?
#2mike_411Posted 4/29/2013 5:28:41 PM
So you're gonna not buy a Sony product to buy another Sony product?

Still sounds like a win for Sony to me...
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#3plo617(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:41:34 PM
mike_411 posted...

Obviously that wasn't the point of the topic. Soul Sacrifice is one of their key exclusives (as well as original IP) Vita titles. The platform has been struggling in sales. Why would they pull a move that could potentially hurt its sales? Do you not think that other devs aren't going to be looking at the sales of this title to see if the Vita is not just a port machine?

Even if you say that this game wasn't expected to have big numbers in the west, that just makes my point even stronger. Sony can't afford to lose any potential sales with this game. It a pretty important one for the platform.
#4Steve_TeddiePosted 4/29/2013 5:47:27 PM
Or, maybe, Mr. I didn't Attend Marketing Class, with a "big" draw like SS already bringing people to the store, have some sales to hook people.
#5arclouks_xPosted 4/29/2013 5:48:08 PM
mike_411 posted...

sony always wins baby, but not really some of the sales games are third party.

what are you getting tc?
---
PSN:arclouksx/JustArc_ I want to eat Naoto.
Now playing:God of war 3,Persona 4 Arena & Golden
#6AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/29/2013 5:51:17 PM
Are people really this hilariously dense?

TC wants Soul Sacrifice, a very hyped-up game, and he has money.

The same day said hyped up game releases, massive sales take place on the store. Since SS won't go down in price anytime soon, TC will want to jump on the temporary sales. With a limited amount of money, choices have to be made; does he get the anticipated, hyped-up game or grab the temporary deals? Not everyone can do both.\

Jesus, this board sucks.
---
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (9/10), Bioshock Infinite(9/10)PS3),guacamelee!(Vita) Maintenance (PS3)
#7Shadowfxd2Posted 4/29/2013 5:53:07 PM
so you buy good games and maybe buy soul sacrifice as a impulse buy (well if you didn't already have the demo talk you out of it).
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#8AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/29/2013 5:54:11 PM
"Is TC saying something mean about Sony? I don't know, but let's ridicule him while we figure it out! Burn the witch!"
---
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (9/10), Bioshock Infinite(9/10)PS3),guacamelee!(Vita) Maintenance (PS3)
#9Stasis_SwordPosted 4/29/2013 7:57:38 PM
plo617 posted...
I was going to pick up Soul Sacrifice tomorrow, though I was almost tempted to get that Tomb Raider during that flash sale. However, now with all of these insane new sales (I cannot pass up on), I'm going to delay my purchase of Souls Sacrifice.

Do you think that Sony (and I know some of these aren't first party, but a bunch of theme are), is potentially going to hurt there Soul Sacrifice's sales with the timing of these sales?

It's the same principal as the candy bar in the checkout line. They hope you log onto to get SS see the sales and spend $15-$30 more than you planned. Also remember Sony gets a cut no matter what you buy so if you pass up SS for sales, but spend the same amount they're still happy.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#10BlestsolPosted 4/29/2013 8:09:30 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Are people really this hilariously dense?

TC wants Soul Sacrifice, a very hyped-up game, and he has money.

The same day said hyped up game releases, massive sales take place on the store. Since SS won't go down in price anytime soon, TC will want to jump on the temporary sales. With a limited amount of money, choices have to be made; does he get the anticipated, hyped-up game or grab the temporary deals? Not everyone can do both.\

Jesus, this board sucks.

Leave it, problem solved.
---
Psn:Blestsoul