Soul Sacrifice Required Firmware?

#11dj___rollPosted 5/1/2013 5:02:00 PM
Quote:From: jmtstan | #005
update the firmware?

And lose Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts BBS, games I already own on UMD and wont have to buy again, Homebrews, and the FFType-0 English Patch? How about no.

Anyways, wololo confirmed that SS requires 2.05 even for offline. Unfortunate, but expected.

@Thamauturge

So play them on the PSP?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#12arclouks_xPosted 5/1/2013 5:07:46 PM
there's an English patch for type-0? is it good and accurate? I would buy a psp for that.
---
PSN:arclouksx/JustArc_ I want to eat Naoto.
Now playing:God of war 3,Persona 4 Arena & Golden
#13TinyTim123Posted 5/1/2013 5:12:49 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Are there any games that require a certain firmware to play on the Vita?

I know online always requires the latest mandatory firmware but I don't think any games require a certain firmware for offline play.

There are. Thus far, they have all been on the cart when the systems needs updating. I imagine it would be the same for Soul Sacrifice, though TC shall not be playing that, it would seem.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#14Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:15:30 PM(edited)
So play them on the PSP?

No longer an option since right after I got my PS Vita my R Button broke off and a huge scratch suddenly appeared on my screen. Don't really want to spend the money buying repair parts either.

Ah, what a hero! Proud to be meddling in illegal activities! Your peers must be so proud of you!

So basically you just want to keep playing PSP isos on your vita?

Not seeing how its a problem to play my UMD games on the Vita. I payed for them. They don't even give me the option to buy Crisis Core and BBS again, that's literally the only thing keeping me from updating

there's an English patch for type-0? is it good and accurate? I would buy a psp for that.

Its not out yet, unfortunately. Sounds promising though.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD, Dark Souls, Uncharted 2, Crisis Core: FF7, Ratchet Collection, REmake ------- PSN: Thamauturge
#15PiesiaPosted 5/1/2013 6:17:50 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Are there any games that require a certain firmware to play on the Vita?

sure, I couldn't play assassins creed until I updated my vita to 1.80-something, even offline. Psp games did this all the time (including the required firmware on umds).

I'm not sure of any other games requiring minimal firmware because I keep my vita firmware up to date for online.
---
Best regards,
Piesia