Does deleting game delete save data?

#1M_dragon159Posted 4/30/2013 7:52:02 PM
Hiya there, I just got rid of Gravity Rush plus a couple other games off my memory card to make space for Disgaea and morenl. I started Disgaea up again (first game played, went to GR cuz thats shorter) but my save wasn't there.

Now, I'm sorta panicking. I just completed GR today but want to go back for the trophies... Does deleting the game delete the save, or is it possibly early on I deleted Disgaea's 3min save?
---
GT: RichTuba995363 | PSN: MDragon000
3DS: 1891 - 1378 - 1379 [for any tell me if you add]
#2Safros93Posted 4/30/2013 7:59:03 PM
Yeah, saves are attached to the game, unfortunately. There's only 2 ways to back up your save.
1: Back-up the whole game to your computer. This one is a pain but it works...
2: Be a PS Plus member and simply upload your save to Cloud. This one is fast and easy, but you have to pay...

If you deleted a game without doing any of the above then yes... you lost your save for good.
#3William_18Posted 4/30/2013 7:59:32 PM
Delete the game and everything with it goes too, including your save.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 4/30/2013 8:20:00 PM
We 100% sure? I can see saves from deleted games and no ps+...hmmm, wonder what I did?
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#5M_dragon159(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:31:36 PM
Just checked using CMA and comparing to PS+... the saves for the vita games were deleted ='( My last save I uploaded for GR was Apr 21, so yea... Not playing that game again, I guess.

Btw, I believe psp saves still work normally, as in they're not attached to the game.

Ty for the amswers, now ps+ got more important... GR was the only unrecoverable major save i lost, fortunately. I guess the save system can be justified for trophies n the mem card style of retail games, but this is still a pain =(
---
GT: RichTuba995363 | PSN: MDragon000
3DS: 1891 - 1378 - 1379 [for any tell me if you add]
#6cheezedadadaPosted 4/30/2013 8:34:47 PM
M_dragon159 posted...

Btw, I believe psp saves still work normally, as in they're not attached to the game.

The data I kept was all PSP data so that explains my question.
---
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#7TinyTim123Posted 4/30/2013 8:37:31 PM
cheezedadada posted...
We 100% sure? I can see saves from deleted games and no ps+...hmmm, wonder what I did?

The only time that is the case is when the game saves to the cart, not the memory card, and that cart is not in the system at the time of deletion.
In other words, since the save is on my copy of Dynasty Warriors Next, I can delete the bubble for that as long as I have a different game in my Vita, go back, ppop my game in again, let the Vita create the bubble, then continue playing.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8cheezedadadaPosted 4/30/2013 8:42:44 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

The only time that is the case is when the game saves to the cart, not the memory card, and that cart is not in the system at the time of deletion.
In other words, since the save is on my copy of Dynasty Warriors Next, I can delete the bubble for that as long as I have a different game in my Vita, go back, ppop my game in again, let the Vita create the bubble, then continue playing.

Yeah I saw that too... All the icons I had were PSP games though, so I'm guessing that's why those stayed? I didn't really know the answer because ever since I started stocking up on memory, I don't ever have to delete games.
---
#9TinyTim123Posted 4/30/2013 8:51:04 PM
cheezedadada posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Yeah I saw that too... All the icons I had were PSP games though, so I'm guessing that's why those stayed? I didn't really know the answer because ever since I started stocking up on memory, I don't ever have to delete games.

Ahh, yes that is true too. PSP stuff is saved separately, Playstation Classics are save separately, Minis are saved separately... which makes far more sense than how the Vita does things.
But that's how stuff is for whatever dumb reason. I just feel sorry for anyone that has a really old 20GB PS3 to back things up.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/