Okay, I've sold myself on getting a Vita. What else should I buy?

#1Fiery101Posted 4/30/2013 8:40:21 PM
I'll probably buy Persona 4: Golden as the only Vita game, and I plan on downloading a bunch of PSP games.

But I need to know what accessories to grab. Is it better to get a few 8 gig cards, or just one 16/32 gig? Does it come with any card, even the 4 gig? How useful are the other accessories? Is it easy to play without some kind of hand grip?
#2gldooriiPosted 4/30/2013 8:52:46 PM(edited)
I went to Best Buy yesterday to take advantage of the Vita stuff on sale and picked up an extra charger, extra USB cable, a case and 30 game card holder for about 19 bucks. If you're lucky, you may be able to find the 16 GB memory stick for $30.

The standard system itself does not come with a memory stick, but some of the bundles do like the Instant Game Collection bundle that includes a 4 GB stick and a one year subscription to PS+. Though, you'll need a much larger stick if you plan on taking advantage of the digital downloads. Buy what you can afford basically.

Also, there are quite a few demos on the Playstation Store, so try those out before buying games.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#3RjmhartPosted 4/30/2013 10:16:00 PM
Definitely get this. Cheap and well worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Control-Controller-Joystick-Playstation-Vita/dp/B007IDIXBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367388871&sr=8-1&keywords=Vita+joystick

Another poster started a thread about it a week and a half ago and I haven't seen any complaints.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#4Fiery101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:54:07 PM
Rjmhart posted...
Definitely get this. Cheap and well worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Control-Controller-Joystick-Playstation-Vita/dp/B007IDIXBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367388871&sr=8-1&keywords=Vita+joystick

Another poster started a thread about it a week and a half ago and I haven't seen any complaints.

Are those just to protect the originals or are they meant to be more comfortable / easier to play with? The listing doesn't give much information.
#5Laevant(Moderator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:47:40 AM
I'd advise against buying multiple of the same memory card. I can't speak for territories outside of the UK off the top of my head, but over here two 8GB cards will cost more than one 16GB. I'm pretty sure you can only use one PSN account per memory card, though, so that might be a factor if you have accounts in different regions.

The general consensus is that a screen protector is a good idea. I don't use one and I have to wipe smudges from the screen every so often.

Is it easy to play without some kind of hand grip?

Are you asking if the Vita itself is comfortable to hold? If so, yes. It can look quite bulky but the overall shape and button-placement works very well. I always found the PSP and DS to be a bit iffy in this area, but the Vita is fine.
---
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 5/1/2013 5:24:48 AM
A new mind

Your old one is about to be blown
---
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.