Get Peace Walker now discounted for vita or wait for a vita HD edition?

#1NJQuestCatPosted 5/1/2013 7:47:25 PM
I want to play this game portably but im not sure if i should wait to get a version that has the 2nd thumbstick functonality built into it.

How do you guys like the gameplay of PW compared to snake eater? I loved the snake eater game but the controls were a bit clunky feeling. Is this game alot better now that you can crouch-walk and shoot now?
#2alphame4Posted 5/1/2013 7:53:38 PM
I was going to buy bit until I learned the game run at 20 fps.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#3NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:55:18 PM
alphame4 posted...

People loved it when it came out though. Can it really be that gamebreaking?
#4dj___rollPosted 5/1/2013 8:15:40 PM
Quote:alphame4 posted...

People loved it when it came out though. Can it really be that gamebreaking?

@NJQuestCat

It's not game breaking, but I don't like dealing with it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5Suppaman234Posted 5/1/2013 8:19:40 PM
I find it fun but I doubt a Vita HD version will come out.
#6krizz07Posted 5/2/2013 4:18:44 AM
i think the reason why they won't release an HD version is because the PSP version still exist. i haven't seen any PSP game that had been HD remade for the Vita.

they should just maybe find a better way of upscaling these games instead.
#7bigboyrfPosted 5/2/2013 5:29:07 AM
I've been waiting months for peace walker to get back added to the store, and then I waited some more before I bought. I just bought it on Tuesday when I got soul sacrifice, normally I don't buy videogames right after I just bought one but it was only $10. Heck I spend more than that on groceries.

I've only play a few missions and I gotta say the critics are not kidding when this could be one of the best mgs games. For a psp game it is gorgeous, and I don't really notice it running at 20fps like I do on a pc.
The mission based style is really good for portable, and even the comic cutscenes, that I thought I wouldn't like, do a very good job of conveying the story.

So with the sale right now it is definitely worth it.
---
"I'm killing the three headed dog."
#8NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:03:34 AM
bigboyrf posted...
I've been waiting months for peace walker to get back added to the store, and then I waited some more before I bought. I just bought it on Tuesday when I got soul sacrifice, normally I don't buy videogames right after I just bought one but it was only $10. Heck I spend more than that on groceries.

I've only play a few missions and I gotta say the critics are not kidding when this could be one of the best mgs games. For a psp game it is gorgeous, and I don't really notice it running at 20fps like I do on a pc.
The mission based style is really good for portable, and even the comic cutscenes, that I thought I wouldn't like, do a very good job of conveying the story.

Can it be a pick up a play for 5-10 minute type of game?? I want to get it but im not sure how much time i have to invest in it.
#9bigboyrfPosted 5/2/2013 8:35:13 AM
NJQuestCat posted...
bigboyrf posted...

Can it be a pick up a play for 5-10 minute type of game?? I want to get it but im not sure how much time i have to invest in it.

I think my average mission time so far has been 15 minutes and if your good at metal gear you an probably do it faster. Side missions for me take less than 5 minutes.
---
"I'm killing the three headed dog."
#10XylymphydytePosted 5/2/2013 8:55:57 AM
I keep wanting to get it but being unable to transfer saves on Vita is pretty crap. I've a ton of time on the PS3 version and the game is a blast but one of the huge features was continuing progress on any platform.

If you haven't played it and don't plan to go PS3 as well, you can't go wrong with the PSP version. They stated at some point that they didn't include an HD version in the Vita MGS collection expressly because the PSP version works on Vita. So, laziness there, and don't hold your breath for a Vita specific release.