Which of the following games should I play first on the Vita?

#1Fiery101Posted 5/1/2013 11:25:25 PM
Which of the following games should I play first on the Vita? - Results (160 votes)
Tactics Ogre
4.38% (7 votes)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
6.88% (11 votes)
Persona 4: Golden
51.88% (83 votes)
Thomas was Alone
3.75% (6 votes)
Gravity Rush
33.13% (53 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I should probably elaborate a little bit. These are the 5 games I'm probably most interested in playing right away.

Tactics Ogre for PSX is arguably my favorite game of all time. I know that the PSP version changed a lot in the gameplay, and I'm not sure how I'll respond to it. But I absolutely loved the PSX version so much, and I need to play it again.

Legend of Heroes is a game that I watched some gameplay videos of and it seemed like the type of game that is right up my alley.

Persona 4 I expect to be very good, even though I was spoiled to many aspects of it. I put about 100 hours into Persona 3: FES and I found it to be good, but not great.

Thomas was alone looks like a quick little cheap puzzle game, but it is intriguing at the very least.

Gravity Rush is a game that I heard a lot of good things about, but the one I know the least about overall.
#2VyseLegendairePosted 5/1/2013 11:40:47 PM
Tactics Ogre ^5
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#3Fiery101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:55:38 PM
VyseLegendaire posted...
Tactics Ogre ^5

Did you ever play the original? I'm mostly curious on how well it was updated.
#4jmtstanPosted 5/2/2013 12:53:27 AM
i voted for P4G, but i'd say save the best for last.
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan1138
#5GenocideHeartPosted 5/2/2013 1:35:45 AM
Tactics Ogre PSP is easymode. It was dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience, also it got the Shakespeare treatment just like FFTWOTL.

If you are ok with a much easier game then go ahead. I'd skip it and get some other game like Virtue's Last Reward which is amazing.

Of your listed games I'd say play Gravity Rush first. Leave P4 Golden last, it's stupidly huge and will kill a few months of your life lol. Great game though.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#6Fiery101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:50:27 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
Tactics Ogre PSP is easymode. It was dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience, also it got the Shakespeare treatment just like FFTWOTL.

If you are ok with a much easier game then go ahead. I'd skip it and get some other game like Virtue's Last Reward which is amazing.

Of your listed games I'd say play Gravity Rush first. Leave P4 Golden last, it's stupidly huge and will kill a few months of your life lol. Great game though.

Wow, it is easymode? Well, that is awfully disappointing, though to be fair there are a lot of things you can do in the original that make it trivial like Haborym + Petrify. Damn, that sucks. Maybe there is a way to make it more challenging?
#7xxxRemmyxxxPosted 5/2/2013 2:03:12 AM
Definitely pick up Persona 4. I'm also gonna give an honorable mention to Disgaea 3 if you're into tactical rpgs.
#8RotuhiiriPosted 5/2/2013 4:24:01 AM
Tactics Ogre and Persona 4 will take a lot of time to finish while Gravity Rush is a nice game to welcome you to your new console. It looks good and takes advantage of the Vita's features. Gravity Rush gets my vote.

Thomas Was Alone looks like an Atari 2600 game and not something you should start your journey with on that new fancy handheld. Not saying it's a bad game at all though.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9sEmesextrEmPosted 5/2/2013 4:35:24 AM
Fiery101 posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

Wow, it is easymode? Well, that is awfully disappointing, though to be fair there are a lot of things you can do in the original that make it trivial like Haborym + Petrify. Damn, that sucks. Maybe there is a way to make it more challenging?

its not that easy, just dont grind on your first playthrough and you will have quite the challenge, but on the later playthroughs of the story it gets easier, since the enemies just scale to your level, but their skills dont... so while you might have rank 8 daggers and rank 8 augment light, enemies might have rank 2 daggers, and rank 1 augment light. it does get a bit more difficult late story since the enemies' skills begin to get quite high.

i would probably get gravity rush first, because although its not the best of the lot, its really showcases the vitas features and wukk get you used to using all the buttons on it to their fullest, then i'd get persona or TO.
---
itsIf opportunity doesnt knock, build a door."
- Milton Berle
#10GenocideHeartPosted 5/2/2013 4:56:45 AM
sEmesextrEm posted...
Fiery101 posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

its not that easy, just dont grind on your first playthrough and you will have quite the challenge, but on the later playthroughs of the story it gets easier, since the enemies just scale to your level, but their skills dont... so while you might have rank 8 daggers and rank 8 augment light, enemies might have rank 2 daggers, and rank 1 augment light. it does get a bit more difficult late story since the enemies' skills begin to get quite high.

i would probably get gravity rush first, because although its not the best of the lot, its really showcases the vitas features and wukk get you used to using all the buttons on it to their fullest, then i'd get persona or TO.

I was more saying TO PSP is easymode compared to the original, which outside of exploits was crushingly unforgiving. Since TC mentioned he played the original, chances are he'll be pretty disappointed by the remake's challenge.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius