My local gamestop was sold out of Vitas =(

#11BossBangPosted 5/2/2013 7:58:54 AM
abnergoinbig posted...
My GameStop had a lot of copies of SS if that means anything.

Mine didn't. Felt stupid for even WALKING in that store.

Oh, you didn't pre order? Guess youll have to wait a month!

Remember? We don't stock new games, only do pre orders!

Thanks for coming to Gamestop, power to the players.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#12yankee6903Posted 5/2/2013 10:09:44 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Stealth I have internet topic.

Stealth "I am a DB" comment
#13claudekennilolPosted 5/2/2013 10:14:10 AM
BossBang posted...
abnergoinbig posted...

Yeah, I wanted Etrian Odyssey IV (3ds) and had some in store credit from trading in my mother-in-law's old ps2. They got in one copy that had been preordered. So I bought a Nintendo Points card and just downloaded it. Sure, they got credit for the sale, but it doesn't give them a profit as it's just a gift card.

When I worked at EB Games (before it was bought out by Gamestop's parent company Barnes & Noble for being more awesome than gamestop) we always got extra games. For the most part, nothing changed except the name, Gamestop adopted most of EB's policies. And of course EB's name changed. But that was years ago so I'm not blaming this on the merger, it's just that times have changed.
---
I've outgrown my old quote. It's been there for years, but now it's gone.
#14yankee6903Posted 5/2/2013 10:17:44 AM
claudekennilol posted...
BossBang posted...
abnergoinbig posted...

Yeah, I wanted Etrian Odyssey IV (3ds) and had some in store credit from trading in my mother-in-law's old ps2. They got in one copy that had been preordered. So I bought a Nintendo Points card and just downloaded it. Sure, they got credit for the sale, but it doesn't give them a profit as it's just a gift card.

When I worked at EB Games (before it was bought out by Gamestop's parent company Barnes & Noble for being more awesome than gamestop) we always got extra games. For the most part, nothing changed except the name, Gamestop adopted most of EB's policies. And of course EB's name changed. But that was years ago so I'm not blaming this on the merger, it's just that times have changed.

The reason gamestop hardly orders more than pre-orders is because they were burned by a couple games. They ordered massive copies of Dead Space 3 and more from last year. These games didint sell so they took huge losses.