I think Sony is waiting for the PS4 to come out

#1BruceLee1974Posted 5/3/2013 8:34:53 AM
I think Sony will announce something Big for the Vita at E3 making it some sort of accessory for the PS4 maybe like the WiiU.

Sony said a while ago they are in it with the Vita for the long haul and they haven't really done anyhting with the Vita for a while, nothing new from them except Killzone (which is a while away) but if they were solely thinking about the Vita there would be more urgency from them.

Let's wait till E3 and see, maybe Sony will bundle it with the PS4 or make it a peripheral of some kind where they benefit each other in some way.

There is no other explanation , either SOny is going to let the Vita Die slowly or it's going to be the above, because they are very very quiet lately about it, no price drop, no new game announcements, nothing. I think they will be putting the faith in the PS4 to help sell the Vita.
#2StrikeNinja24Posted 5/3/2013 8:36:36 AM
How is that a good thing for Vita owners?
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#3ejay8320Posted 5/3/2013 8:39:53 AM
I can see it now... the next Fallout the Vita will be your pipboy!
#4OtakuGameraPosted 5/3/2013 8:43:12 AM
waiting for the PS4 to come out for... what?

and it hasnt been a few months since they announce tons of indie games, and shown footage for killzone and tearaway. not to mention the recent announcement of jak trilogy HD and the release of soul sacrifice
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#5StrikeNinja24Posted 5/3/2013 8:47:01 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
waiting for the PS4 to come out for... what?

and it hasnt been a few months since they announce tons of indie games, and shown footage for killzone and tearaway. not to mention the recent announcement of jak trilogy HD and the release of soul sacrifice

I'm sorry, but the indie games smells like a route to distract that they can't pull major influence from developers. You're not going to make any money from that, you aren't going to sell systems that way, and I doubt that the executives in Sony are enjoying their lack of a bonus at this point to do it all over again.
---
#6cheezedadadaPosted 5/3/2013 8:54:55 AM(edited)
The argument that indie games dont help sales is not entirely true in my opinion. I just went to IGN reviews and here are the top 10 games out.

1) Fez
2) Guacamelee
3) Monaco: Whats yours is mine
4) Motocross Madness
5) Injustice
6) Thomas Was alone
7) Blood Dragon
8) Toki Tori 2
9) Robot Unicorn Attack
10) Guilty Gear

Those are the top 10 scores...and damn near almost all of them are Indie or small studio games. Not to mention the top 3 alone are SUPER popular amongst every body. I dont know a single person at my job who hasnt played Fez.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#7Lord_VishanaPosted 5/3/2013 9:21:07 AM
I honestly don't want the Vita to become an accessory or a peripheral for the PS4. If that is their intention, then the potential this system has as a portable gaming system is lost. I'm sorry, but if Sony does take this course of action then I'll no longer support Sony. I don't want a PS4, so whatever theoretical benefits from PS4/Vita connectivity are irrelevant to me(I'm sure others feel the same way).

I purchased my Vitas so I can play Vita games on them. Purchasing an entirely new console to unlock the Vita's potential is totally unfair and would be alienating to existing Vita owners.
---
The economy? HE'S GONNA WRECK-IT!!! http://i.imgur.com/Ktyas.png http://i.imgur.com/gIuAW.jpg 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#8StrikeNinja24Posted 5/3/2013 9:25:14 AM
cheezedadada posted...
The argument that indie games dont help sales is not entirely true in my opinion. I just went to IGN reviews and here are the top 10 games out.

1) Fez
2) Guacamelee
4) Motocross Madness
5) Injustice
6) Thomas Was alone
7) Blood Dragon
8) Toki Tori 2
9) Robot Unicorn Attack
10) Guilty Gear

Those are the top 10 scores...and damn near almost all of them are Indie or small studio games. Not to mention the top 3 alone are SUPER popular amongst every body. I dont know a single person at my job who hasnt played Fez.

That's reviews. I think we've already confirmed that reviews has nothing at all to do with sales.

Sim City wouldn't be at 1.5 million sales and Declassified wouldn't be one of the top selling Vita games otherwise.

Your group is most likely very tight and only consists of maybe a dozen people, at best. Gamefaqs is only about 1% of the gaming community, what makes you think your group reflects anything?
---
#9cheezedadadaPosted 5/3/2013 9:39:21 AM(edited)
StrikeNinja24 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

1) Fez
2) Guacamelee
4) Motocross Madness
5) Injustice
6) Thomas Was alone
7) Blood Dragon
8) Toki Tori 2
9) Robot Unicorn Attack
10) Guilty Gear

That's reviews. I think we've already confirmed that reviews has nothing at all to do with sales.

Sim City wouldn't be at 1.5 million sales and Declassified wouldn't be one of the top selling Vita games otherwise.

Your group is most likely very tight and only consists of maybe a dozen people, at best. Gamefaqs is only about 1% of the gaming community, what makes you think your group reflects anything?

The top 10 score part was just setting up my thread as a way of saying that first of all, these games are good..so lets get that out of the way. Thats where I was going with that. My main point was they all sold well and all my coworkers play them, but I didnt focus on that more which I should have.

Fez sold 200,000+ on the 360 in one year..Im sure it will do really well on steam now too. My work buddy is finally contemplating a Vita just for Fez and some other game I forget(a couple others have one and a couple just dont game at all)
Limbo sold 890,000+ on xbl(that was even more than I thought)
Braid 450,000...

Im just saying its not ENTIRELY true that they dont push sales...because there is a market out there for them. I speak from experience because I actually prefer the indie games over the big releases. I play the AAA games on my PC or 360/PS3...I dont want them on my Vita...I want fun smaller release games on the go. Its just my opinion, but I cant be the only person thinking it.

My group might not reflect a single thing, so I cant argue that to be honest. I will just say that I know people who prefer these games so based on that, there are more out there. I cant be the only one who feels this way.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#10OtakuGameraPosted 5/3/2013 9:36:34 AM

you're citing examples of known and popular franchise, of course they'll sell well from name alone.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg