I think Sony is waiting for the PS4 to come out

#11PringerXPosted 5/3/2013 9:54:26 AM
waiting for the PS4 to come out for... what?

and it hasnt been a few months since they announce tons of indie games, and shown footage for killzone and tearaway. not to mention the recent announcement of jak trilogy HD and the release of soul sacrifice

That's what I keep wondering. What is Sony supposed to do? They haven't made, what... God of War and Infamous? Then when they make a God of War, all these people will be crying about how the series is being "milked".
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll
#12StrikeNinja24Posted 5/3/2013 1:14:59 PM
My point is that reviews does not always equal sales. To publishers they do, but that is because they need something solid to put expectations on. And because I swear most people that are making these decisions are playing the blame game.

On top of that, who the hell went out and bought an Xbox for Fez? Indies are not console sellers, period. Especially when most are ports.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#13BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:53:01 AM
Europe
06/14 LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
06/21 MotoGP 13

Just look at Europe's upcoming release list. Sony must know something we don't and better have something miraculous for the Vita at E3
#14NnamzPosted 5/5/2013 1:52:01 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
On top of that, who the hell went out and bought an Xbox for Fez?

Likely not many, but Geometry Wars was a system seller when the Xbox launched.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#15cheezedadadaPosted 5/5/2013 1:55:06 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
My point is that reviews does not always equal sales. To publishers they do, but that is because they need something solid to put expectations on. And because I swear most people that are making these decisions are playing the blame game.

On top of that, who the hell went out and bought an Xbox for Fez? Indies are not console sellers, period. Especially when most are ports.

It might not be just for Fez, but it adds to the reason to get one. Fez + Limbo + Shadow Complex + Castle Crashers etc etc...good indie games add to the library.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#16j2zon2591Posted 5/5/2013 2:18:01 PM
cheezedadada posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

It might not be just for Fez, but it adds to the reason to get one. Fez + Limbo + Shadow Complex + Castle Crashers etc etc...good indie games add to the library.

Very unlikely.. more like content to distract the existing install base..

"Indies on the go, a lot being available on other platforms also!? Must get a VITA" -that's an anomaly.

Sure they're nice.. but they're not system movers as far as layman terms (contrast to being technical).
#17townparkradioPosted 5/5/2013 3:33:57 PM
I think you have too much faith in Sony. The fact is they expected to slide into the 7th generation with automatic sales, and therefore they made a hilariously overpriced piece of technology. They acted like their PS1 and PS2 streak was due to some form of destiny, rather than marketing properly, and they were lazy with the PS3.

As for the Vita? There's some small part of me that thinks they might be actively sabotaging it for some reason. I can't help it. They've mishandled this thing worse than they did the PS3, and it hurts like a papercut because I LOVE my Vita. Honestly, the endless stream of sycophants whom seem to be the only ones Sony listens to isn't helping them.

Try being honest with yourselves a moment. Look back into our own recent history. If Uncharted 2 wasn't a system exclusive, do you honestly think it would have averaged higher than 7.5 out of ten or so?
#18zandm7Posted 5/5/2013 5:48:36 PM
townparkradio posted...
If Uncharted 2 wasn't a system exclusive, do you honestly think it would have averaged higher than 7.5 out of ten or so?

Just responding to this part...

Hell yes, are you kidding me?!
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#19cheezedadadaPosted 5/5/2013 5:51:14 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Very unlikely.. more like content to distract the existing install base..

"Indies on the go, a lot being available on other platforms also!? Must get a VITA" -that's an anomaly.

Sure they're nice.. but they're not system movers as far as layman terms (contrast to being technical).

I actually mostly agree with that, but I am just saying there are some exceptions. Me personally, I have my Vita for the indies and not the AAA games. Hearing that the indie support was increasing a ton this year was the best news ever. Theres gotta be another person like cheezedadadaddaadada out there...theres gotta be!
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#20NnamzPosted 5/5/2013 8:49:12 PM
townparkradio posted...
If Uncharted 2 wasn't a system exclusive, do you honestly think it would have averaged higher than 7.5 out of ten or so?

You're insane if you think otherwise. Dozens, of games were completely influenced by Uncharted 2's pacing, cut scene acting, and set pieces. It was one of the most influential games of this generation.

You don't get a 20% bump in review average for being a system exclusive. That's just stupid.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.