I hope Vita fails for the same reason I hope Wii-U fails.

#1xChaosLordxPosted 5/3/2013 5:37:23 PM
Does anyone know what lack of competition means? I'll use an example, the PS1. It was the 1 console to have back in the day, and it got most of the best games, and 3rd party support. Unrivaled before or since. It was really nice having to only own 1 system and not worrying about whether "Insert game here" was coming for the console you owned or not. Unless you were a complete Nintendo fanboy, PS1 had all the games you wanted to play.

Also I hate seeing franchises like Valkyria Chronicles start on the PS3, and move to hand helds. And never come back. I'd rather the Vita fail so its potential games find its way onto the PS4 instead, providing they are developers loyal to Sony. If they got to 3DS instead? Who cares, if you like hand helds then you are still better off owning just 1 to get all the games you want. Its a win-win for everybody.

What was the problem with 7th gen? There were lots of games developed, the problem was they were too spread out over 3 consoles and 2 hand helds. Basically everyone paid more for less over what they got with previous gens. And that SUCKED. This is why I hope the Wii-U just fails and gets kicked over to the side. I'm already incredibly optimistic that is going to happen due to it getting very little 3rd party support. At the most they will sit on the sidelines, and be the system for a limited audience of people who want Nintendo 1st party games. Similar to how the N64 was.

I want to go back to the older days where specific consoles clearly dominated, and I want the winners to win BIG. Even if that means Sony getting owned by Microsoft, or the other way around.
#2bj91xPosted 5/3/2013 5:40:50 PM
Haven't read your post, but when I root for a competition to fail. I always want the inferior system to fail. So in this case, I'd rather have the 3DS fail.

More powerful system = less restrictions in game design and better graphics.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#3Nightmare637Posted 5/3/2013 5:42:01 PM
You shoulden't whant any console to fail.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#4EasterEggHunterPosted 5/3/2013 5:44:39 PM
Well sorry but we won't being going to the old days anytime soon.
---
Lovin my new Vita
#5Tzuba12Posted 5/3/2013 5:47:04 PM
What an incredibly selfish way to think.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#6zandm7Posted 5/3/2013 5:47:42 PM(edited)
OK seriously this is just a nonsensical argument.

Basically to save money and because you're lazy you want a monopoly so you don't have to choose. That's basically what you're saying. And you'll probably cry straw man argument, but that's okay because that is essentially what you're saying. And yes. It is a straw man argument.

Competition is a good thing. Seriously, learn a thing or two about economics. That somebody even thinks the way TC does is bothersome and troubling to me.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#7Metalsonic66Posted 5/3/2013 5:47:52 PM
Unless you were a complete Nintendo fanboy, PS1 had all the games you wanted to play.

*facepalm*
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#8Sami1000Posted 5/3/2013 5:48:12 PM
Interesting stuff. Didn't find it insulting to anyone particularly, just plain weird but still i kinda understand what you are saying. You want lines to be drawn clear and you don't want to own every system to get all the games. Kingdom hearts is good example, 1 & 2 on ps2 but then it went to psp and then DS? That serie was scattered all over the place and if you wanted to play all of them you had to buy 3 systems. What makes things worse is that they are all canon so if you miss one game you miss important story.
#9SaintdantePosted 5/3/2013 5:48:23 PM
I'm not seeing the argument here... either that or it's so incredibly weak that it doesn't matter.
#10cheezedadadaPosted 5/3/2013 5:49:31 PM
Yeah it sucks how other consoles brings on competition, jobs and variety. You're right.. Let everything fail.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel