Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

#51NinjaPirateDoodPosted 5/4/2013 1:47:53 PM
To quote Magneto in that one X-Men movie, "Always allow the pawns to go first", or something like that. If I hear good things or notice a great line-up of games, I'll be willing to invest in it. I doubt 1 less unit moved at launch time will bother them at all.

Till then, I'll be sittin' on this here ol' fence.
---
"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu
"Dating websites have caused a lot of casualties." -Me
#52TechniMyokoPosted 5/4/2013 1:48:56 PM
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.
#53LiteUpSkeletonPosted 5/4/2013 1:59:41 PM
Short answer:

HELL NO!

Nuf said.
---
And to think... I hesitated.
#54VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 2:01:21 PM
NinjaPirateDood posted...
To quote Magneto in that one X-Men movie, "Always allow the pawns to go first", or something like that. If I hear good things or notice a great line-up of games, I'll be willing to invest in it. I doubt 1 less unit moved at launch time will bother them at all.

Till then, I'll be sittin' on this here ol' fence.

Sounds like a very good idea.
#55LightHawKnightPosted 5/4/2013 2:03:39 PM
Meh, I wait. Waited till the end of the psp's lifespan to get one, will do the same for the Vita and any other sony handheld. I refuse to pay that much for a god damn memory stick when an SD card is so cheap.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#56NnamzPosted 5/4/2013 2:06:00 PM
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

lmao

10/10
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#57Devil875Posted 5/4/2013 2:16:26 PM(edited)
Maybe, I have no idea of what Sony are thinking, they should make more games for Vita.

*Or they could have payed Capcom for them to make a Monster Hunter to be released near the Vita release date.
---
"I am come."
#58NewavePosted 5/4/2013 2:15:32 PM
I still use my PSP on a daily basis, so I'm gonna have to say no.

I have no need for another handheld. I haven't bought a Vita because PSP offers so much more than Vita simply doesn't have.

The one thing Vita has as an actual advantage right now is a camera, but only until I get hold of a Go!cam.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#59GtuansdiammPosted 5/4/2013 2:16:57 PM
i am forced to
3ds will always be region locked
psp/vita has a good amount of japanese games i want to import
#60eternalblue02Posted 5/4/2013 2:18:27 PM
Yes, both handhelds have/had exclusive games I want to play.

The same reason applies to the 3DS and did when the DS was released. I tend to wait a year or two before I purchase the handhelds though, just a tick of mine I guess.