Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

#71slyman19Posted 5/4/2013 3:14:44 PM
I`m never buying a Sony product again after how badly the Vita and PS3 were handled by them.
#72paralyzed21Posted 5/4/2013 3:19:39 PM
both systems are amazing
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#73mike_411Posted 5/4/2013 3:46:00 PM
Compass posted...
TechniMyoko posted...
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.

-When one of them is a touch screen, yes, that is something the PSP could not do.
-Then why is the Vita's library so much weaker than the 3DS's?

Your second statement is pure opinion, I hate Nintendo's first party games (animal crossing possibly excluded) and pushmo is a crummier version of Catherine. The shin megami games so far are mediocre looking at best. (Will reserve judgement on 4 till it's out)

That said, what does that leave me with? practically nothing. I bought a 3DS for Fire Emblem and after that I feel suckered. I was underwhelmed by Etrian Oddysey 4 and some points of Fire Emblem had me going "man, Vita could have really pushed this game to the limit". It sucks but as it stands I don't like my 3DS...it's a bummer.

Oh and last thing...why do people still argue with Dog? You should realize by now that there is no reasoning with that guy. >.>
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
134 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#74NnamzPosted 5/4/2013 3:50:53 PM
mike_411 posted...
Compass posted...
TechniMyoko posted...
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.

-When one of them is a touch screen, yes, that is something the PSP could not do.

Your second statement is pure opinion, I hate Nintendo's first party games (animal crossing possibly excluded) and pushmo is a crummier version of Catherine. The shin megami games so far are mediocre looking at best. (Will reserve judgement on 4 till it's out)

That said, what does that leave me with? practically nothing. I bought a 3DS for Fire Emblem and after that I feel suckered. I was underwhelmed by Etrian Oddysey 4 and some points of Fire Emblem had me going "man, Vita could have really pushed this game to the limit". It sucks but as it stands I don't like my 3DS...it's a bummer.

Oh and last thing...why do people still argue with Dog? You should realize by now that there is no reasoning with that guy. >.>

Have you tried Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus and Crashmo yet?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#75mike_411Posted 5/4/2013 3:57:56 PM
Nnamz posted...
mike_411 posted...
Compass posted...
TechniMyoko posted...
Compass posted...

Have you tried Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus and Crashmo yet?

I'm going to give you honest answers so...don't hate me for them. >.>

Mario 3D Land: Honestly I despise Mario games now. Platformers 3D worlds, I just cannot get drawn into that universe anymore and don't feel the need to drop cash on this game when I can spend it elsewhere.

Luigi's Mansion: Honestly I might give this one a try. The original was very short though, how does this one fare length-wise?

Mario Kart: I despise kart racers.

Resident Evil: Not a fan of RE much anymore but i'll just pick this one
up on console.

Monster Hunter: I despise MH. Not a fan of the "hunting" gameplay at all.

Kid Icarus: Sorry but the WAY you play that game scares me. My hands are prone to cramping so no thanks.

Crashmo: Is this pretty much more pushmo? Yeah...no thanks.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
134 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#76darkstar4221Posted 5/4/2013 4:08:57 PM(edited)
The Vita would be a great handheld if Sony just got rid of the restrictions like forcing the consumers to use the proprietary memory cards, CMA, mandatory kernel updates, etc. In other words the Vita needs to be more like the PSP.

The Vita needs to be hacked, and Sony needs to lower the price for the system and the games, because at it's current state the Vita is not worth it. It will be a success when it's fully hacked and you can install all sorts of plug-ins on it like a microSD adapter.

I will not buy another handheld from Sony that restricts what the user can do with their gaming device.
#77NnamzPosted 5/4/2013 4:08:05 PM
Luigi's Mansion: Honestly I might give this one a try. The original was very short though, how does this one fare length-wise?

Seems pretty beefy. Plus the online play is fun (though like all 3DS games, it doesn't have voice chat).
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#78j2zon2591Posted 5/4/2013 4:09:38 PM
Depends on the handheld market situation during the next gen.

But most likely NOT right after release.
#79hypermoePosted 5/4/2013 4:18:07 PM
Eventually Yes! but like with the Psp and Vita i would more than likely not buy one at launch.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#80SmoshCuchPosted 5/4/2013 4:20:11 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
I don't know. I've spent more $$ on my Vita and memory cards than I have my on my 3DS and 3DS XL combined, yet I have gotten much more entertainment from my 3DS.

and before I get accused of practicing mathemagics here are the numbers:

- $170 for 3DS
+ $100 trade in credit for said 3DS
- $200 for 3DS XL

vs.

- $250 for Vita
- $30 8 GB memory card
+ $16 for sale of 8 GB memory card
- $45 for used 16 GB memory card

The difference does seem to be a little exaggerated here. Why did you buy a 8g card and then resell it for less? Also, you obviously bought a Vita at/near release, while you waited for a price drop on 3DS.

Yes, Vita is a little more expensive than 3DS, but most of the difference comes from you simply being a smarter shopper with the 3DS.

If you paid launch prices for both:
-$250 for 3DS
-$250 + 45 for Vita plus the card you actually wanted

If you waited for both:
-$200 for 3DS XL (or $170 for 3DS)
-$250 for Vita bundle with small card + 1 game