Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

#81mike_411Posted 5/4/2013 4:25:28 PM
Nnamz posted...
Luigi's Mansion: Honestly I might give this one a try. The original was very short though, how does this one fare length-wise?

Seems pretty beefy. Plus the online play is fun (though like all 3DS games, it doesn't have voice chat).

That's actually good to hear. I guess I've just been spoiled by western games. Unlike most people I actually do like that we are getting a lot more games like that. Fallout 3 & New Vegas are easily my favorite games of...last?...gen.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
134 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#82CompassPosted 5/4/2013 4:38:24 PM
mike_411 posted...
Compass posted...
TechniMyoko posted...
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.

-When one of them is a touch screen, yes, that is something the PSP could not do.
-Then why is the Vita's library so much weaker than the 3DS's?

Your second statement is pure opinion

Indeed and that's precisely the point. If the argument is now down to, "Oh, well, I like the 3DS's/Vita's library better," then that proves more powerful hardware does not make objectively better software. Not that most of us needed proof of that...
#83babbolsPosted 5/4/2013 4:44:09 PM
Short answer: Yeah, sure.

Long answer: Because I'm a Sony fan and I've had every gaming gadgets they make, so yeah.
---
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!"
#84redbuckPosted 5/4/2013 4:44:20 PM
tl;dr

Absolutely, I would. They don't have a lot of system sellers, which isn't too great for them, but as far as I'm concerned, the games that are available are good enough to warrant the purchase.
#85AldathPosted 5/4/2013 4:47:06 PM
Only if it has a good catalog of games and a leass abusive price.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#86Devil_wings00Posted 5/4/2013 4:54:18 PM
What was wrong with the PSP again? It sold 76 million+ units and had TONS of software. Besides the lack of a second analog stick I honestly had no problem with the PSP. Just because it was stacked up beside the DS doesn't mean it wasn't wildly successful over it's lifespan, 76 million units isn't a small number it just isn't 150 million (or whatever the tally went up to on the DS). I loved my PSP, it still sits beside the bed to this day and sometimes gets some love if I'm in the mood for a JRPG.

Vita on the other hand it's getting to the point where the "to early to tell" argument is getting hard to make. It's been out for a while now and it really isn't picking up speed or getting the kinds of killer apps that pull people on the fence over. I know nothing on it has made me want to make the jump and the memory card gouging is still a sticking point for me.

I'd have to see what the post vita device was like first but buying it wouldn't be out of the question.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#87mike_411Posted 5/4/2013 5:00:45 PM
Compass posted...
mike_411 posted...
Compass posted...
TechniMyoko posted...
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.

-When one of them is a touch screen, yes, that is something the PSP could not do.
-Then why is the Vita's library so much weaker than the 3DS's?

Your second statement is pure opinion

Indeed and that's precisely the point. If the argument is now down to, "Oh, well, I like the 3DS's/Vita's library better," then that proves more powerful hardware does not make objectively better software. Not that most of us needed proof of that...

lol yah, then again I already asked why the heck you guys bother responding to demon.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
134 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#88NnamzPosted 5/4/2013 5:02:39 PM
mike_411 posted...
Nnamz posted...
Luigi's Mansion: Honestly I might give this one a try. The original was very short though, how does this one fare length-wise?

Seems pretty beefy. Plus the online play is fun (though like all 3DS games, it doesn't have voice chat).

That's actually good to hear. I guess I've just been spoiled by western games. Unlike most people I actually do like that we are getting a lot more games like that. Fallout 3 & New Vegas are easily my favorite games of...last?...gen.

Which is another reason you should get Luigi's Mansion, it's Western Developed.

I didn't know this when I started playing it, but I knew the attention to detail, interactive environments, and attention to animation, wasn't typical of a Japanese studio. I wasn't surprised at all when I heard it was western developed.

It really is a great game. I haven't finished it yet but I'm having a lot of fun. If your 3DS is collecting dust, go pick that one up.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#89VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:02:42 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
What was wrong with the PSP again? It sold 76 million+ units and had TONS of software. Besides the lack of a second analog stick I honestly had no problem with the PSP. Just because it was stacked up beside the DS doesn't mean it wasn't wildly successful over it's lifespan, 76 million units isn't a small number it just isn't 150 million (or whatever the tally went up to on the DS). I loved my PSP, it still sits beside the bed to this day and sometimes gets some love if I'm in the mood for a JRPG.

Vita on the other hand it's getting to the point where the "to early to tell" argument is getting hard to make. It's been out for a while now and it really isn't picking up speed or getting the kinds of killer apps that pull people on the fence over. I know nothing on it has made me want to make the jump and the memory card gouging is still a sticking point for me.

I'd have to see what the post vita device was like first but buying it wouldn't be out of the question.

Although the PSP was a really good handheld, I sometimes felt that it lacked a little bit in games. I got to a point where I would visit Gamestop and say, "What else do I have left to buy?" Not much. I only really missed out on GOW GOS and 3rd Birthday. Never played the "Daxter" and the "Jak and Daxter" games though.
#90VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:04:50 PM
Hey Namz,
What's your opinion of the topic? You write very good and analytical so I would like to read opinions.