Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

#91SagadegoPosted 5/4/2013 5:20:07 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Yeah both psp and vita are great hardware and a ton of great features and a lot of good games far better then what the competition is/was capable of. I do think they need a bit more support though.

That's an opinion, sweetie.

Nope it's a fact, psp and vita are capable of things DS and 3DS weren't/aren't (respectively)

nope it's a opinion! quit being a sore loser sonyfanboy
---
Now Playing:
Warriors Orochi 2 (360) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon(3ds)
#92NinjaPirateDoodPosted 5/4/2013 5:17:11 PM
I can think of a positive point for Sony's handhelds; Playing Playstation Classics on a portable is very fun. I've never felt so attached to Final Fantasy Tactics even though I've been playing the Disgaea series a lot. You just can't beat the classics.
---
"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu
"Dating websites have caused a lot of casualties." -Me
#93smifypzPosted 5/4/2013 5:20:03 PM
I never owned a PSP, but am loving my Vita, so most likely yes.

If they release Type-0 in the states (I know it's not going to happen, but a girl can dream), I would easily give up my other systems if I had to choose between them and my Vita... well, maybe not that easily
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:nj3195
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#94NnamzPosted 5/4/2013 5:25:31 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
Hey Namz,
What's your opinion of the topic? You write very good and analytical so I would like to read opinions.

I feel that if you're not happy with how Sony is supporting the Vita, that your decision not to get the next handheld is completely justified. 3rd party support, especially in the west, is not guaranteed for portables, so if you're not happy with 1st party support, then you pretty much have no reason to continue supporting the companies portables.

Personally, I think Sony has stepped up with the Vita. They have put out MANY more Vita games than PSP games in the same timeframe. The problem is 3rd parties. Vita is getting plenty of bite-sized/indie games (which is great) but not a lot of big 3rd party games that PSP got early in it's life. I think, games-wise, Sony has done admirably. They have already put out a ton of quality games (both small and large) for the Vita. The only thing they can do from their end now is drop the price, which spurs sales and (hopefully) translates into more 3rd party support.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#95darkstar4221Posted 5/4/2013 5:34:14 PM(edited)
smifypz posted...
I never owned a PSP, but am loving my Vita, so most likely yes.

If they release Type-0 in the states (I know it's not going to happen, but a girl can dream), I would easily give up my other systems if I had to choose between them and my Vita... well, maybe not that easily

I don't think Square-Enix is ever going to localize Type-0. According to the hackers, the Vita's security is very tight, they won't breach the Vita's security anytime soon. That means sales for the Vita will continue to be low, and there will be less of an incentive for SE to port FF type-0 to the states.
#96AllaudeenPosted 5/4/2013 5:27:34 PM
I bought the PSP and was extremely disappointed in it.
Learned fast and didn't buy the next iteration.
---
Need a signature :)
#97zandm7Posted 5/4/2013 6:13:29 PM
The PSP was my favorite system and I'm loving the Vita so far. So yes I probably would.

My complaint with the Vita is lack of adequate advertising. It's just been nonexistent so far. Like, c'mon. That's basically why it's not selling. Because nobody knows what the damn thing is.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#98KaiKun91Posted 5/4/2013 6:15:56 PM
Sony handheld has always been good, it just that Nintendo is usually the name you hear when you want a handheld.
#99LightsasoriPosted 5/4/2013 6:18:25 PM
I know I'm probably going to get flammed, but I honestly think Sony should stop with their handhelds and concentrate more on their console. They do a much better job when making next gen consoles because they're usually ahead of their time and more people pay attention to it. The same can be said about their handhelds, but from the looks of it, it really doesn't get as much support as it needs.

Though I remember me giving this same opinion on Nintendo and how they should concentrate more on their handhelds instead of their consoles, I got flammed to death lol.
---
Monster Hunter Tri name:Leon Monster Hunter Tri ID:8DYWB2
"Children are pure, they know who's the strongest."
#100BiPoLaRxxPosted 5/4/2013 6:36:38 PM
Yes... I like the games.. But the main reason is I collect systems lol.
---
Game collector and connoisseur. Kind of..