Why do you guys think PSP sales increased when new pokemon games released?

#1GigaVoltsPosted 5/5/2013 4:13:21 PM(edited)
And do you think it'll be the same with the Vita?

I mean pokemon could really help the Vita. When pokemon was released for the DS, the PSP saw an increase in sales so wouldn't the same thing happen with the Vita?

It seems people do not understand my logic, look at PSP sales during pokemon releases. Why did it happen? Its best quarters were when pokemon games were released. So why did that happen? RPGs. That is why.

Pokemon gathered more interest in RPGs, like a small bump or something IDK the word for it, but it means short rise in interest.

The psp had a ton of them. Do you guys get what I am saying now?

I mean the psv has a ton of RPGs, so if the psp gained sales because of it having more rpgs and pokemon bring more interest in rpg gaming on the go, shouldn't it have the same effect?

Or do you guys think that the RPG is bologna and won't happen again
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#2Sig35235Posted 5/5/2013 3:38:55 PM
GigaVolts posted...

I mean pokemon could really help the Vita. When pokemon was released for the DS, the PSP saw an increase in sales so wouldn't the same thing happen with the Vita?

I really don't understand your logic. Why would a popular game on another system be good for a different system?
#3LightHawKnightPosted 5/5/2013 3:40:53 PM
So correlation means causation now?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4arclouks_xPosted 5/5/2013 3:41:42 PM
giga you were funny at first but now you're annoying as f... welcome to ignore list.
---
PSN:arclouksx/JustArc_ I want to eat Naoto.
Now playing:Persona 4 Arena & Golden,Soul sacrifice.
#5j2zon2591Posted 5/5/2013 3:45:30 PM
GigaVolts posted...

Care to share the PSP games released during that Pokemon release window?
#6LyonDRCPosted 5/5/2013 3:54:27 PM
Am I the only one who can't understand Giga's logic? If when Nintendo released the Pokémon games the sales for the PSP increased it was probably due to the games released FOR THE PSP!
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#7GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:14:19 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
GigaVolts posted...

Care to share the PSP games released during that Pokemon release window?

But it wasn't just once or twice. And it happened in multiple regions. At different times.

if it was once in one region I would not say something this stupid.
---
#8GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:17:38 PM(edited)
LyonDRC posted...
Am I the only one who can't understand Giga's logic? If when Nintendo released the Pokémon games the sales for the PSP increased it was probably due to the games released FOR THE PSP!

Read the edited post.

And guys, read the title, it say why do YOU think psp sales increased.

I am asking for your theory. Not just comments on mine
---
#9WartPig_Posted 5/5/2013 4:26:12 PM
i understand what your saying. i would expect it increase sales of other rpg's already on nintendo platform. not sell another system. the question is what games came out on psp at the same time as pokemon games to compete with it? thats a more likely reason
---
PSN-WartPigX
#10Bikes-Posted 5/5/2013 4:32:01 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
So correlation means causation now?