I have 15 dollars sitting around.

#11RotuhiiriPosted 5/7/2013 11:48:29 AM
Don't get Dragon Fantasy, it isn't a good game unless you absolutely love the old Dragon Quest games for the NES. I do and that was the only reason I Found Dragon Fantasy passable.

Ys Seven is a fantastic suggestion for $15.

What RPGs from the PS1 and PSP eras have you played and enjoyed? It's kind of hard writing a recommendation without knowing that. There are plenty of them on PSN.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#12cheezedadadaPosted 5/7/2013 11:57:07 AM
jenrais posted...
cheezedadada posted...
kingofall214 posted...
Dragon Fantasy is pretty good.

I expected to like this game...then I played it and ended up LOVING it. I cant wait for book 2. Totally surprised me on how much fun it was. The game did start to lose steam as it went along, but if book 2 is anything like the first half of book 1, its going to be awesome.

I looked into this game but I heard it was very short. Still iffy about it

Yeah it was a decent length...I wish it was longer though. More story to come from book 2 which will run another 9.99 or less if its a PS+ deal.

Dragon Fantasy was an amazing throwback for me though and it really brought back some memories. I know a few people who loved it as much as me, but they were all older as well and liked it because it brought back memories of the older first person rpg battle games.

If I had to give my overall opinion though, Ys Seven is the way to go. Its a great length (20+ hours) and its a blast to play....loved every minute of it.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#13jenrais(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 2:43:48 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Don't get Dragon Fantasy, it isn't a good game unless you absolutely love the old Dragon Quest games for the NES. I do and that was the only reason I Found Dragon Fantasy passable.

Ys Seven is a fantastic suggestion for $15.

What RPGs from the PS1 and PSP eras have you played and enjoyed? It's kind of hard writing a recommendation without knowing that. There are plenty of them on PSN.

Uhhh

Well anything final fantasy, I also love persona and Chrono Cross.

Didn't play much else on the PS1, Was kind of late to the party, and the only games I really played on the PSP was KH:Birth by sleep and FF7 Crisis Core.

Couldn't find any other decent games for it, but than again I didn't care much about the PSP back than.
#14RotuhiiriPosted 5/7/2013 4:13:45 PM
Then you have a lot of games to catch up on. Xenogears should be your first stop IMO. The graphics haven't aged perfectly but it has one of the best stories in an RPG of all time. Just be prepared to read a lot of text.

Other games to consider:
(PS1)
Alundra
Arc the Lad 1+2 (buy both or buy neither)
Wild Arms
Grandia
(PSP)
Half-Minute Hero
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys Seven
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#15BramStarkPosted 5/7/2013 7:00:47 PM
tactics ogre let us cling together
---
Now Playing: Dead or Alive 5 Plus
PSN: BramStark
#16NashtheLionPosted 5/7/2013 7:18:17 PM
Save money.
Wait for Hotline Miami.

Should be out soon.
---
Official Clown that dies at the start of Parasite Eve.
Read. Think. Listen. Shut the hell up.
#17stargazer64Posted 5/7/2013 7:20:07 PM
NashtheLion posted...
Save money.
Wait for Hotline Miami.

Should be out soon.

And Velocity Ultra comes out this month.
---
Don't listen to Stargazer64, he owns Nintendo(n't) consoles and is a well-known troll around these parts. - Rotuhiiri
#18vincient_FFVIIPosted 5/7/2013 7:33:18 PM
escape plan >.>
---
if its not my character... i dont care :)
#19Mr_KanbeiPosted 5/7/2013 8:46:44 PM
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Get the extra $5 bucks from your neighbor
---
"Go, my beloved rappigs, and wreck havoc upon my enemies with your cuteness! INPIGNATION!"-Geese911