Any upcoming/future system sellers for Vita?

#1hello_indigoPosted 5/7/2013 9:22:28 AM
3DS is getting Pokemon X Y, I pretty much got a 3DS for that reason alone (plus a few other games).

I know I'm itching to play FFX HD. But it's not a must like how Pokemon feels like.
#2Klon_RedfieldPosted 5/7/2013 9:24:06 AM
Ys: Memories of Celceta maybe? I know people who bought a Vita for that game.
---
Playing: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP), SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
#3Nightmare637Posted 5/7/2013 9:24:47 AM
Y's I guess, unless your not into that kind of thing.

theres also Killzone.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#4darkwon81Posted 5/7/2013 9:26:20 AM
remote play
---
psn: darkwon81
playing soul sacrifice/far cry 3
#5grangiaPosted 5/7/2013 9:27:31 AM
Killzone for the shooter crowd.

The RPGs are still coming strong too.
---
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/10083807
PSN:Dr-Toszi
#6cheezedadadaPosted 5/7/2013 9:27:35 AM
System sellers is relative to opinion....to me, Pokemon is not a system seller but it is to others.

As for bigger games:

Killzone
Ys
Dragons Crown
FFX HD
Tearaway
Muramasa
RO:ACE
Batman: Blackgate
Jak Trilogy
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#7ViolentZ06Posted 5/7/2013 11:04:44 AM
I'm pretty sure he means any games which will ship large amounts alongside push LOTS of potential buyers into getting a vita. The closest to this is killzone mercenary and the problem is that a lot of shooter fans won't buy a vita until a fully fledged large, high budget multiplayer game comes out. Right now killzone's 4v4 looks half assed and potential buyers aren't going to waste 250+ on something that's half assed. So no, right now there aren't any future system sellers. The vita will have to limp along on niche titles as per usual.
#8zandm7Posted 5/7/2013 11:33:27 AM
Nobody knows what games will be system sellers unless said game comes from a franchise which has produced "system sellers" in the past. That said, I don't see any games so far that scream "system seller" to me based on name recognition (Killzone remains the only possibility) on the upcoming list, but it is my hope that potential system sellers will be announced this year at one of the game conferences.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#9RotuhiiriPosted 5/7/2013 11:37:54 AM
Saying Ys is a system seller is laughable. It's not a huge franchise in the west, or Japan for that matter. It has its fans but there aren't hundreds of thousands of them.

The only announced games that have system selling potential are Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway and both depend highly on how well they are reviewed and how much Sony pushes them.

Truth be told, I don't think there is a major system seller announced for the Vita. Many strong games also equal being a system seller and I think the Vita is heading there.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#10cheezedadadaPosted 5/7/2013 11:40:57 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Saying Ys is a system seller is laughable. It's not a huge franchise in the west, or Japan for that matter. It has its fans but there aren't hundreds of thousands of them.

The only announced games that have system selling potential are Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway and both depend highly on how well they are reviewed and how much Sony pushes them.

Truth be told, I don't think there is a major system seller announced for the Vita. Many strong games also equal being a system seller and I think the Vita is heading there.

I dont think they are system sellers as a whole either, but Ys is a system seller for me personally. So its really all opinion...I would never break down and buy a handheld over Killzone and GTA, but would get one instantly knowing Ys was coming out.

As for having any huge system sellers that would attract every type of person...theres pretty much Killzone and thats it for now.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel