AMAZING big title coming to Vita

#131StrangerAeonsPosted 5/12/2013 2:46:14 PM
TheProphecies05 posted...
They are re-igniting the Alundra series. Thats what I'm hearing at least.. what a let down.

That sounds so incredibly far beyond unlikely. I would also think Gaijinworks would have at least made an effort to get the Alundra license back if something like that was going to happen and Vic hasn't said a thing about that.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/ColdStatic/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/Namtt.jpg
#132spikes1471Posted 5/12/2013 2:55:52 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I'd be so down for a monster hunter or for Minecraft. Those would both be just excellent

then get a 3DS. Why is it so bad to have both? It's not like Vita games are emptying your wallet...

Or maybe nobody is rich. Or people just want ONE system? Ever thought about that?
#133Elements012894Posted 5/13/2013 12:43:59 PM
Borderlands 2.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#134webbc99Posted 5/14/2013 3:30:17 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I'd be so down for a monster hunter or for Minecraft. Those would both be just excellent

then get a 3DS. Why is it so bad to have both? It's not like Vita games are emptying your wallet...

Because the 3DS is horrible to play MH on. There's no online, the graphics are terrible, and it's not worth 150+ for console + game when I can just put the vastly superior MHFU on my Vita. I have MHP3 in freakin' Japanese for the PS3 and I can't understand a word of what's going on, and it's still better than MHTri or MH3u on the Nintendo consoles, because the Nintendo consoles are absolutely terrible to play MH games on.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Soul Sacrifice, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#135LostVoyagerPosted 5/14/2013 3:42:16 AM
webbc99 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Because the 3DS is horrible to play MH on. There's no online, the graphics are terrible, and it's not worth 150+ for console + game when I can just put the vastly superior MHFU on my Vita. I have MHP3 in freakin' Japanese for the PS3 and I can't understand a word of what's going on, and it's still better than MHTri or MH3u on the Nintendo consoles, because the Nintendo consoles are absolutely terrible to play MH games on.

3DS graphics are good. Maybe it is just that I find PS2/GC graphics still to look nice and 3DS looks better than that.

Just because the Vita has amazing graphics does not mean the 3DS looks like ****.
Also that is a fanboy comment. What exactly makes the Monster Hunter games bad on the Nintendo consoles? The brand name?
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is a different game than 3/tri for the 3DS/ Wii/ Wii U.
So maybe you just dislike 3 (which in that case 4 is coming out soon built ground up for the 3DS).
You enjoying the game while it is in Japanese really does not matter because there is no story in the monster hunter games and translation guides for the items.

Monster hunter on the 3DS controls exactly like it would on Vita with the circle pad pro.
#136webbc99Posted 5/14/2013 3:53:23 AM
LostVoyager posted...
webbc99 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

3DS graphics are good. Maybe it is just that I find PS2/GC graphics still to look nice and 3DS looks better than that.

Just because the Vita has amazing graphics does not mean the 3DS looks like ****.
Also that is a fanboy comment. What exactly makes the Monster Hunter games bad on the Nintendo consoles? The brand name?
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is a different game than 3/tri for the 3DS/ Wii/ Wii U.
So maybe you just dislike 3 (which in that case 4 is coming out soon built ground up for the 3DS).
You enjoying the game while it is in Japanese really does not matter because there is no story in the monster hunter games and translation guides for the items.

Monster hunter on the 3DS controls exactly like it would on Vita with the circle pad pro.

Disagree. The controls are terrible on the 3DS, the vanilla console has a very small screen and you can't really claw on it, and the XL version is too big to hold comfortably. Too many corners, not ergonomic enough. The graphics ARE bad, and you totally ignored the point regarding online play, which is essentially where a lot of the playtime comes from (I have over 1000 hours on MHFU).

My point about MHP3 on the PS3 is to illustrate that the game is all about the controls, and the PS3 controller is superb for MH gaming. The wiimote is not. I think that's a fair comment.

I have nothing inherently against Nintendo, indeed I probably will pick up a 3DS for Pokemon X/Y, but MH imo is really, REALLY bad on Nintendo consoles. I do own a Wii and a DS, mainly for SSBB and pokemon games.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Soul Sacrifice, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#137trenkenPosted 5/14/2013 9:35:03 AM
Lol @ hooked for hours.

Im sure all 10's of people that bought the Vita will be hooked for hours.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#138Lightning_fanPosted 5/14/2013 9:49:38 AM
webbc99 posted...

Disagree. The controls are terrible on the 3DS, the vanilla console has a very small screen and you can't really claw on it, and the XL version is too big to hold comfortably. Too many corners, not ergonomic enough. The graphics ARE bad, and you totally ignored the point regarding online play, which is essentially where a lot of the playtime comes from (I have over 1000 hours on MHFU).

My point about MHP3 on the PS3 is to illustrate that the game is all about the controls, and the PS3 controller is superb for MH gaming. The wiimote is not. I think that's a fair comment.

I have nothing inherently against Nintendo, indeed I probably will pick up a 3DS for Pokemon X/Y, but MH imo is really, REALLY bad on Nintendo consoles. I do own a Wii and a DS, mainly for SSBB and pokemon games.

Doesn't the circle pad pro make it wider? What do you mean by too many corners lol?

The 3DS screen is only small compared to the Vita's (and not even that small).
Most portables are not very ergonomic.
The graphics are not bad, define "bad" it is relative. I can not comment on the online play, you might have a point there but I know with PSP you could use x-lai link or whatever it is called to make ad-hoc essentially online for games that lacked servers. I would assume you can do the same with the 3DS?

I am not saying that the Dualshock is not a comfortable controller... I love it personally although 360 and Gamecube controllers feel better to me because I have kind of large hands.

You are acting like the 3DS is this abomination for controls... I can say that it is not from my limited experience playing it ( I did not play the XL model though). The slider is actually better than the psp's nub and it is more comfortable in that regard. Although I prefer the Vita controls like you.

Did you have a huge issue with Monster Hunter on the psp?
#139tommy vercetti 2Posted 5/14/2013 9:55:12 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

So you think MH is horrible on the PSP as well?
---
"Every story must have an ending," Auron
"How do you prove that you exist, maybe we don't exist," Vivi
#140EnlinoPosted 5/14/2013 9:58:20 AM
webbc99 posted...

PS3 controller: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/downloads/1/25/24121/thumb_620x2000/sixaxis-controller-2.jpg
Wii Classic Controler: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B0037US4IA.01.lg.jpg

Hmm yes, truly a radically different button layout. Obviously games would control much differently on the two systems.

The online for the 3ds version is done by connecting through the Wii-U. You do not need to own the Wii-U version to do this. I don't see how this is so much worse than the PSP games using the PS3 for multiplayer.