Well, the 5M Vita/PSP forecast is Sony admitting what's been obvious...

#1UltimacakePosted 5/10/2013 4:29:00 PM
To most of us for some time: that Vita's current sales situation isn't salvageable. I expect them to act accordingly. Don't expect much time to be spent on Vita at the E3 press conference; don't expect a wave of major software announcements at E3, Gamescom, or TGS; don't expect that big a marketing push for Killzone or Tearaway; and don't expect SCE to put any real effort into pushing Vita as a PS4 accessory. I don't even think an NA/EU price cut is a sure thing anymore, though it's still more likely than not...

...And I still love my third Vita. Soul Sacrifice's multiplayer and spells blow Monster Hunter out of the water, Gravity Rush is a goddamn piece of art, and we're getting sequels to both of them. Killzone Mercenary revolves around unlocking tons of weapons and upgrades, which is my favorite thing to do in shooters, and it has awesome graphics. I DON'T CARE WHETHER THE VITA FAILS OR FLOPS OR SONY BURNS TO THE GROUND, I JUST WANT MY GRAVITY RUSH SEQUEL AND KILLZONE MERCENARIES.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#2alphame4Posted 5/10/2013 4:32:19 PM
We can only speculate at this time.

Come E3 we will find out if Sony is taking the Vita seriously.

Shahid also has made promising strides to get the Vita hyped with indie support and a few surprises soon to be announced.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#3zandm7Posted 5/10/2013 4:32:26 PM
I don't agree that the sales situation isn't salvageable, but I do agree that honestly I don't care how sales are. I'm happy with the Vita library the way it is now and will only get happier when Killzone comes out :)
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#4cheezedadadaPosted 5/10/2013 4:36:56 PM
zandm7 posted...
I don't agree that the sales situation isn't salvageable, but I do agree that honestly I don't care how sales are. I'm happy with the Vita library the way it is now and will only get happier when Killzone comes out :)

Same here, but replace Killzone with Dragons Crown and Ys (and the indies)...

That guy who tweeted that theres something huge coming has a chance to impress us. Will he? Who knows...ill give him a chance and if he fails miserably, ill be fine. Considering the library now and whats coming this year, Im already getting my moneys worth. Always could use more though.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
Dude, **** off and leave me alone before you get banned. I don't have time to be a babysitter.-hornylevel
#5KenauePosted 5/10/2013 4:38:41 PM
Cut the price like they did in Japan, and sales will pick up significantly. The games are (mostly) there.....It's their stupid high price that's hurting it.
---
Most Excited For: SMT IV (3DS), ToX (CE, PS3), Pikmin 3 (Wii U), Fuse (PS3), Pokemon Y (3DS), Dragon's Crown (Vita).
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#6LemonKweenstaaaPosted 5/10/2013 4:44:15 PM
Ultimacake posted...
Soul Sacrifice's multiplayer and spells blow Monster Hunter out of the water,

Yeah, projectile spam is awesome!
---
Official prez of the P4G board
You know a game is for casuals when its sales go up during Golden Week -LuminescentRule
#7Ultimacake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 4:45:15 PM
I'm not sure why everyone's surprised that a Grand Theft Auto game is coming out. I remember making a topic about it, where I said that Bend and Rockstar were making games for the Vita according to official sources.
---
#8Ultimacake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 4:46:33 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Ultimacake posted...

Not you people again...We get it, the game has broken elements. Just like several Heavy Bowgun armor sets in a certain game *cough*Freedom Unite*cough*
---
#9alphame4Posted 5/10/2013 4:47:12 PM(edited)
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Ultimacake posted...

And sleep bombing is awesome too! And Kelbi bow stun lock!

The good thing is people have the choice to use other methods. Shocking, I know.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#10zandm7Posted 5/10/2013 4:49:12 PM
Kenaue posted...
Cut the price like they did in Japan, and sales will pick up significantly. The games are (mostly) there.....It's their stupid high price that's hurting it.

This. Cut the price down to $200 for the Wi-Fi model, nix the 3G model, make 4GB cards $5, 8GB $10, 16GB $15, and 32GB $20, and create a bundle that includes the Vita, any high-profile, brand-recognizable game (or even a PSN card instead) and a 16GB card for $250.

Now that this thing's been out for well over a year in the US I think it's totally acceptable (and probably necessary) for them to cut prices across the board. Not to the point of bargain bin deals, but just enough to provide more-than ample reason for newcomers to join in the fun, lol. Sony should not care about losing money with each Vita sale; they've been losing money for awhile. At this point they should just care about getting their product some exposure.

Oh, and seriously amp up the advertising. Like, c'mon. The main reason the Vita doesn't sell here is because nobody knows what the damn thing is. They're all like "Oh is that a PSP?"
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios