Shouldn't the lifetime sales be at 16 million by now?

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 5/10/2013 9:30:01 PM
What gives, Sony?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2SabramPosted 5/10/2013 9:33:27 PM
3DS early "panicky" price drop stopped a lot of early adopters, who are now waiting for the Vita price drop.

I blame Nintendo for the lower sales, not Sony.
---
Official Switch Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#3melchiahdimPosted 5/10/2013 9:36:51 PM
Sabram posted...
3DS early "panicky" price drop stopped a lot of early adopters, who are now waiting for the Vita price drop.

Wow, blame Nintendo? It's Sonys job to make Vita appealing as a product, no matter what the competition is.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#4Starwars4JPosted 5/10/2013 9:42:31 PM
Sabram posted...

You blame Nintendo because they actually took steps to ensuring the future of their handheld console while Sony let theirs fail? You have issues with appropriately laying the blame it seems.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5kdiz4321Posted 5/10/2013 9:44:14 PM
Sabram posted...

The 3DS never should have been $250. People were silly to buy it at that price and Nintendo was right to drop it.

The Vita might would be worth it at $250 but not with its current lineup IMO. And Sony doesn't have the brand strength that Nintendo has, or even the strength that they once had.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#6DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 9:50:00 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
Sabram posted...

The 3DS never should have been $250. People were silly to buy it at that price and Nintendo was right to drop it.

The Vita might would be worth it at $250 but not with its current lineup IMO. And Sony doesn't have the brand strength that Nintendo has, or even the strength that they once had.

I think vita would have sold better if 3DS launched at it's current price honestly, price drops effect people in a funny way they think the competition should automatically match it and end up waiting if they don't.

Also Sony's strategy with vita seems more long term then short term I mean there's a lot of cross and compatible games on vita so a lot of people say oh I can play the games on ps3 anyways so don't get it but down the road they will see they have a ton of games that they can play on vita (especially if they have psn+) and end up getting it. I really don't think vita has a chance of selling alot until it prices drops though just because of the effect price drops have on consumers.
#7Shadowfxd2Posted 5/10/2013 10:00:57 PM
Sabram posted...

it's not just brand strength, it's also support. Sony has a few decent IP's and chooses to put none of them on Vita. Although Nintendo has stronger IP's, Sony still has much better IP;s than M$.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#8moogle69Posted 5/10/2013 11:16:14 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
kdiz4321 posted...
Sabram posted...

I think vita would have sold better if 3DS launched at it's current price honestly, price drops effect people in a funny way they think the competition should automatically match it and end up waiting if they don't.

Also Sony's strategy with vita seems more long term then short term I mean there's a lot of cross and compatible games on vita so a lot of people say oh I can play the games on ps3 anyways so don't get it but down the road they will see they have a ton of games that they can play on vita (especially if they have psn+) and end up getting it. I really don't think vita has a chance of selling alot until it prices drops though just because of the effect price drops have on consumers.

japan is a great example of why the vita isn't selling even with a price drop. its more of an issue that people just don't find any interest on this system, just like some others have said, its sony's job to make the system appealing for audiences other than fanboys.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#9BuretsuPosted 5/10/2013 11:38:00 PM
Vita's biggest problem is that it's severely lacking in "killer apps". Where are the big games that are supposed to attract people to the console? Soul Sacrifice isn't exactly setting sales figures ablaze, and Dragon's Crown probably won't do much better. Can't coast by on older titles like P4G, Gravity Rush, and Golden Abyss forever...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#10LvthnPosted 5/10/2013 11:46:27 PM
Buretsu posted...
Vita's biggest problem is that it's severely lacking in "killer apps". Where are the big games that are supposed to attract people to the console? Soul Sacrifice isn't exactly setting sales figures ablaze, and Dragon's Crown probably won't do much better. Can't coast by on older titles like P4G, Gravity Rush, and Golden Abyss forever...

It's not hard to name a dozen games that can be reasonably rated as excellent. It's not a lack of great games, it's a lack of casual games.