Shouldn't the lifetime sales be at 16 million by now?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Shouldn't the lifetime sales be at 16 million by now?
2 years ago#21
confettistorm posted...
Sabram posted...
3DS early "panicky" price drop stopped a lot of early adopters, who are now waiting for the Vita price drop.

I blame Nintendo for the lower sales, not Sony.

Japan already got the price drop and to put it mildly, it also got a pretty tepid reaction.

It had a documented shortage after the price drop of specific very popular colors. But it's cool if you just disregard that. But the 17-23k units is scores better then the 7-10k it was selling just months ago.
---
Playing Marvel Heroes, Injustice, Tales of Graces, Lego City UC, MH3U, and Soul Sacrifice.
PSN: Caliaztec --- 3DS Friend Code:1134-7395-5895 NNID: Caliaztec.
2 years ago#22
melchiahdim posted...
Sabram posted...
3DS early "panicky" price drop stopped a lot of early adopters, who are now waiting for the Vita price drop.

Wow, blame Nintendo? It's Sonys job to make Vita appealing as a product, no matter what the competition is.

This. So much this. Sony fails to understand that they are in a competitive market. If they want to succeed they need to make it happen.
---
How many emotions is people?
2 years ago#23
Sabram posted...

"But... but Nintendo! It's all their fault!"

That was TWO YEARS AGO. Most normal people have forgotten all about the early price drop. Even so, Sony is responsible for making the Vita look appealing to consumers.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
2 years ago#24
I believe its a lack of advertisement. If you don't show people your good games how will people know there good. They should defiantly advertise everything they make at least. Nintendo does and thats why their games sell.
---
PSN- NevarrBlue
2 years ago#25
Demon_Lionheart posted...
Vita's biggest problem is that it's severely lacking in "killer apps". Where are the big games that are supposed to attract people to the console? Soul Sacrifice isn't exactly setting sales figures ablaze, and Dragon's Crown probably won't do much better. Can't coast by on older titles like P4G, Gravity Rush, and Golden Abyss forever...

It's called FFX HD and it's coming later this year. I've been saying it since the day it was announced - when FFXHD comes out, Vita sales will skyrocket

So the killer app is a port of a PS2 game... Tell me that there will at least be content exclusive to the Vita version, like P4G, or I will have to laugh at you.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
2 years ago#26
Legend of Zelda OoT 3DS says hello!

OOT remake was also ONLY available on its respective handheld.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD, RE2, Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Rising, Ratchet Collection------- PSN: Thamauturge
2 years ago#27
Sabram posted...

You mean blame Nintendo for making their handheld appealing with a price drop and a great selection of games?

In other words, blame Nintendo for doing what businesses are SUPPOSED to do: Make their product more appealing than the competition's.
2 years ago#28
Vita's biggest problem is that it's severely lacking in "killer apps". Where are the big games that are supposed to attract people to the console? Soul Sacrifice isn't exactly setting sales figures ablaze, and Dragon's Crown probably won't do much better. Can't coast by on older titles like P4G, Gravity Rush, and Golden Abyss forever...

It's called FFX HD and it's coming later this year. I've been saying it since the day it was announced - when FFXHD comes out, Vita sales will skyrocket

So the killer app is a port of a PS2 game... Tell me that there will at least be content exclusive to the Vita version, like P4G, or I will have to laugh at you.

Who cares? It's still going to be GOTY. A game doesn't become less amazing just because you've played it before.

And yeah - it'll include the FFX International content which was never available in the US, X-2 international content which was never available anywhere outside of Japan and doesn't even have a translation patch, and possibly Last Mission which happens after X-2 and also has never been available outside Japan
2 years ago#29

Who cares? It's still going to be GOTY. A game doesn't become less amazing just because you've played it before.

And yeah - it'll include the FFX International content which was never available in the US, X-2 international content which was never available anywhere outside of Japan and doesn't even have a translation patch, and possibly Last Mission which happens after X-2 and also has never been available outside Japan

A. Not in a million years will FFX HD be game of the year. Never, ever, ever.

B. It's going to be on PS3 as well, so how does that make it a system seller? No one is going to buy a Vita exclusively for FFX HD, simple as that.
2 years ago#30
Sony expects combined PSP/Vita sales to be just 5 million this year.
---
Doggy:100 is not 1/3 of 300
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Shouldn't the lifetime sales be at 16 million by now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived