why the ps vita sales are low when it costs a little more then a ipod touch

#1dantheman1440Posted 5/11/2013 10:13:46 PM
ps vita $250 plus a game which is $40 plus memory card thats $20-$100
or ps vita bundle thats $250 with memory card and game
ipod touch
32GB $

64GB $
the ps vita is more expansive but it has better games and it can do almost anything a ipod can do, listen to music while playing games or surfing the internet, it can play movies, look at pics and take pics, skype and go on the internet, it just needs a few more good apps like air video and other apps, and some more casual games, another reason its not selling well is because people are cheap.
#2zandm7Posted 5/11/2013 10:17:52 PM
A) Nobody knows what a Vita is, because Sony's advertising has been miserable at best.
B) EVERYBODY knows what Apple is, and almost everybody knows what an iPod is.
C) iPods have an app market that encompasses not only games (which are indeed vastly inferior to those available on the PSN) but also different tools and functions that accomplish what a Vita could only dream of accomplishing.
D) iPods are "hip" and "cool" and will fit into your pocket without making you look like some sort of strange person, whereas being seen with a Vita in public is generally considered "uncool."
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#3dantheman1440(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:23:02 PM
zandm7 posted...
A) Nobody knows what a Vita is, because Sony's advertising has been miserable at best.
C) iPods have an app market that encompasses not only games (which are indeed vastly inferior to those available on the PSN) but also different tools and functions that accomplish what a Vita could only dream of accomplishing.
D) iPods are "hip" and "cool" and will fit into your pocket without making you look like some sort of strange person, whereas being seen with a Vita in public is generally considered "uncool."

A) anyone who games should know what a vita is, or anyone who research's
B) who doesnt know what sony is
C) way couldnt a vita accomplish anything a ipod can
D)what kind of lame person thinks ipods are cool.
#4TinyTim123Posted 5/11/2013 10:38:25 PM
dantheman1440 posted...
zandm7 posted...

A) And yet, if one is not someone who feels the need to research everything, even if they do game, they may not know. My Vita is mistaken for a PSP often.
B) Just because someone knows what Sony is, they may not know that something called the Vita even exists. Walkman.. older people know it, but younger kids, no. And I haven't ever seen a single Vita TV commercial. I may not watch a ton of TV, but the only evidence I have sen of the Vita's existence in my town was when Taco Bell had the give away thing going on.
C) Apple has a well established app store. If an app is being developed, it inevitably goes to Apple. Then to Android. Then maybe to a Windows phone. Many many more people have a smartphone than will ever have a Vita.
D) What's wrong with iPods? I have personally seen iPod commercials on TV. I have an old 16 Gb iPod Video somewhere (I think I gave it to my dad, who has an iPhone), I have a small 4Gb iPod nano? Mini? I'm not even sure to be honest sitting on y desk. I use a Sansa Clip Zip + with the RockBox firmware for my mp3 player, because I neither need nor want a bunch of extra crap on my music player. On the other hand, a fellow Undergrad Teaching assistant used his iPod Touch to keep up with everything related to school. Our professor would post stuff onto Canvas (the universities online teaching thingy) and expect us to know about it. I would have no idea because he'd post it up after I'd left my house to get to school, but he would know, because he'd just check from his iPod.

I own and like my Vita. I don't own and don't want an iPod Touch, but it's hard to argue a Vita having more use than an iPod Touch under most conditions. Of course when it comes to games, screw you Apple, gimme my dedicated consoles. Also, I don't want or need a smartphone, or a pretend smartphone like device like the iPod Touch. But I ca see its value.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5j2zon2591Posted 5/11/2013 10:42:00 PM
dantheman1440 posted...
ps vita $250 plus a game which is $40 plus memory card thats $20-$100
or ps vita bundle thats $250 with memory card and game
ipod touch
32GB $

64GB $
the ps vita is more expansive but it has better games and it can do almost anything a ipod can do, listen to music while playing games or surfing the internet, it can play movies, look at pics and take pics, skype and go on the internet, it just needs a few more good apps like air video and other apps, and some more casual games, another reason its not selling well is because people are cheap.

PSV 32 GB = 250 + 80 dollars.

iPod touch also has a 5 megapixel shooter and 1080p recording.

More practical screen (brighter and more near standard colors).

3-4 times more portable.

AY TUNZ!

Web browser is much better on the 5th gen for damn sure. (I owned 5 vita's.. browser is picky and "unstable" with occasional long pauses and annoying auto refresh)

Casuals (or "casual-ish" mobile games) are a bigger market..

People aren't really cheap.. they just don't find much VALUE with the VITA.
#6dantheman1440(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:43:33 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
dantheman1440 posted...
zandm7 posted...

A) And yet, if one is not someone who feels the need to research everything, even if they do game, they may not know. My Vita is mistaken for a PSP often.
B) Just because someone knows what Sony is, they may not know that something called the Vita even exists. Walkman.. older people know it, but younger kids, no. And I haven't ever seen a single Vita TV commercial. I may not watch a ton of TV, but the only evidence I have sen of the Vita's existence in my town was when Taco Bell had the give away thing going on.
C) Apple has a well established app store. If an app is being developed, it inevitably goes to Apple. Then to Android. Then maybe to a Windows phone. Many many more people have a smartphone than will ever have a Vita.
D) What's wrong with iPods? I have personally seen iPod commercials on TV. I have an old 16 Gb iPod Video somewhere (I think I gave it to my dad, who has an iPhone), I have a small 4Gb iPod nano? Mini? I'm not even sure to be honest sitting on y desk. I use a Sansa Clip Zip + with the RockBox firmware for my mp3 player, because I neither need nor want a bunch of extra crap on my music player. On the other hand, a fellow Undergrad Teaching assistant used his iPod Touch to keep up with everything related to school. Our professor would post stuff onto Canvas (the universities online teaching thingy) and expect us to know about it. I would have no idea because he'd post it up after I'd left my house to get to school, but he would know, because he'd just check from his iPod.

I own and like my Vita. I don't own and don't want an iPod Touch, but it's hard to argue a Vita having more use than an iPod Touch under most conditions. Of course when it comes to games, screw you Apple, gimme my dedicated consoles. Also, I don't want or need a smartphone, or a pretend smartphone like device like the iPod Touch. But I ca see its value.

i never said ipods where bad they are not cool or whatever, everyone has them, i have a iphone with a bad esn that i got for cheap that i use as a ipod touch.
#7Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/11/2013 10:44:29 PM(edited)
VITA sales is better worldwide than Wii U, that for sure
especially in Japan
and being a console that make it more shameful that it already is.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#8j2zon2591Posted 5/11/2013 10:53:33 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
especially in Japan

Ah, the age old "Wii U distraction".

Like some gfaqs user said:

"Forget about our VITAnic! There's "Wii-Useless" sinking ship yonder!"
#9LinkMaster2703Posted 5/11/2013 10:55:40 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
especially in Japan

Wut. Handhelds are way more popular in Japan than consoles.
#10Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/11/2013 11:26:36 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
especially in Japan

Wut. Handhelds are way more popular in Japan than consoles.

I can go your style
console is way more popular worldwide.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer