why the ps vita sales are low when it costs a little more then a ipod touch

#31kcypher2000Posted 5/12/2013 11:15:52 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
VITA sales is better worldwide than Wii U, that for sure
especially in Japan
and being a console that make it more shameful that it already is.

Wut. Handhelds are way more popular in Japan than consoles.

I can go your style
console is way more popular worldwide.

Just if they came out at the same time too then your point would be somewhat valid.
#32kcypher2000Posted 5/12/2013 11:17:17 AM
Ichijo posted...
Casuals don't want a Vita, they want what everybody else has, i.e. an iWhatever.

Casuals don't want to play Muramasa or Soul Sacrifice. They want cheap pick up and play titles, and "apps" that enhance their lifestyle. Vita offers neither.

A better question would be is why are Vita sales so low when it costs little more than a 3DS.

Whats hardcore about the Vita? Indy games and ports that real gamers already would have played? I think the Vita is more casual than a smart phone now. Look at all the topics there used to be about jet pack joyride and excitement for indy shovelware which has already flooded the smartphone market and xbox indy channel.
#33dantheman1440(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:02:36 PM
zandm7 posted...
dantheman1440 posted...
idevices suck if they arent jailbroken.

Um. I agree, but...what does that have to do with anything?

you said ipods arent as good, and i said unless there jailbroken.
#34IchijoPosted 5/15/2013 1:35:39 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Ichijo posted...
Casuals don't want a Vita, they want what everybody else has, i.e. an iWhatever.

Casuals don't want to play Muramasa or Soul Sacrifice. They want cheap pick up and play titles, and "apps" that enhance their lifestyle. Vita offers neither.

A better question would be is why are Vita sales so low when it costs little more than a 3DS.

No, it wouldn't. The 3DS is considerably less and has a better library.

It's less than $100 different, and the libraries are similar in quality. "3DS has a larger library" would be a more accurate statement.

kcypher2000 posted...
Ichijo posted...

Whats hardcore about the Vita? Indy games and ports that real gamers already would have played? I think the Vita is more casual than a smart phone now. Look at all the topics there used to be about jet pack joyride and excitement for indy shovelware which has already flooded the smartphone market and xbox indy channel.

I'm talking about the gamer, not the system. The average smartphone user on their morning commute wants to play Angry Birds not full length RPGs and dungeon crawlers, online shooters like Call of Duty, and competitive fighters like Capcom and Tecmo are serving up. So yes, it's "hardcore" in that it's targeting gamers, not non-gamers. Do you have some sales figures to back up your claim the Vita is all about Indy titles? Not that it's relevant to the topic mind you, since it still has no lifestyle apps and it isn't a "cool" device to own like Apple's products.
#35mjc0961Posted 5/15/2013 1:52:22 AM
dantheman1440 posted...
ps vita $250 plus a game which is $40 plus memory card thats $20-$100
or ps vita bundle thats $250 with memory card and game
ipod touch
32GB $

64GB $
the ps vita is more expansive but it has better games and it can do almost anything a ipod can do, listen to music while playing games or surfing the internet, it can play movies, look at pics and take pics, skype and go on the internet, it just needs a few more good apps like air video and other apps, and some more casual games, another reason its not selling well is because people are cheap.

PS Vita is a brick compared to the iPod Touch, there's no way I'd bring the Vita around with me everywhere to listen to music. And since you mentioned camera... Why did you even mention camera? Have you used the Vita's camera? I submit that you have not.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#36mjc0961Posted 5/15/2013 1:53:38 AM
Ichijo posted...
the libraries are similar in quality. "3DS has a larger library" would be a more accurate statement.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So very wrong, but so very hilarious.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#37IchijoPosted 5/15/2013 4:23:25 AM(edited)
mjc0961 posted...
Ichijo posted...
the libraries are similar in quality. "3DS has a larger library" would be a more accurate statement.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So very wrong, but so very hilarious.

Quality is subjective. Quantities aren't. So "haha," indeed. Irrelevant to the topic either way.