Is Persona 4 Golden one of those one and done games?

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 5/13/2013 7:45:09 PM
I don't care for the "best ending." I just want to experience the story and that's it. Can the game be finished in a week? I bought it used today in the morning and got 3 hours done do far. Based on gamestops policy, I could get a full refund within a week. Moneys tight now and I gotta save for my next semester in college.
#2GhetsisPosted 5/13/2013 7:47:27 PM
No, you probably can't finish it in a week unless you're playing during almost every waking hour. It's a long game.

And you kind of do need to go for the "best ending" to get the full story. Heck, you don't even fight the real final boss unless you do.

It's a fun game, and it encourages multiple playthroughs since you can carry over your compendium and social stats.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3WhiteSword7Posted 5/13/2013 7:51:16 PM
If you can sacrifice a lot of sleep then yes, its possible
1 day is 24 hours, 8 hours for sleep and doing other stuff with around 16 hours a day to play the game

16 x 7=112 hours
enough time to clear the true ending as it only took me 85 hours to clear the true ending and get the golden ending
---
Persona 4 Golden is the best JRPG in the history of mankind!
PSN: Derrysan360-US
#4vincient_FFVIIPosted 5/13/2013 7:54:26 PM
theres only a good and bad (unfinished) end and you cant finish the whole story unless you get the good one. but you wont be finishing this in a week maybe a month if you just play regularly. min. of 2 plays to platinum but you don't care about that stuff. if you have a ps2 get the original on amazon if you need the money. youll still get the story but no extra stuff
---
if its not my character... i dont care :)
#5LyonDRCPosted 5/13/2013 7:54:44 PM
I finished the game in a week but because I was on vacations so I played about 10 hours per day (perhaps even more). I'll say to just play the game 2 hours per day and you should finish the game by a month, you'll enjoy it much more then.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#6VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:55:57 PM
Oh, I was also thinking if maybe I should just exchange this game for a 3DS game. I was planning on buying either MH3U or Luigis Mansion because I only really have Fire Emblem left to beat and on my Vita, I have a lot of RPG's to beat like FFIX, FFVII, Tactics, among many others.
I COULD try to get as far as I can in Persona 4, get my refund in like friday, beat my other games and buy a new copy of Persona 4 a little later on since I want to support the devs and felt bad that I bought the game used because there wasn't a new copy. I will get money weekly throughout the summer so it would be so bad I guess...I'm confused...
#7WhiteSword7Posted 5/13/2013 7:57:07 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
I don't care for the "best ending." I just want to experience the story and that's it. Can the game be finished in a week? I bought it used today in the morning and got 3 hours done do far. Based on gamestops policy, I could get a full refund within a week. Moneys tight now and I gotta save for my next semester in college.

Technically, its not the BEST Ending.. IT IS THE TRUE Ending..

True Ending contain the whole story and the true final boss and the mastermind behind all the incident in persona 4

If you don't want to get the true ending and golden ending then don't waste your time playing this game...

Oh yeah, don't worry, you can get both True and Golden Ending in one playthrough :)
---
Persona 4 Golden is the best JRPG in the history of mankind!
PSN: Derrysan360-US
#8VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:57:21 PM
WhiteSword7 posted...
1 day is 24 hours, 8 hours for sleep and doing other stuff with around 16 hours a day to play the game

16 x 7=112 hours
enough time to clear the true ending as it only took me 85 hours to clear the true ending and get the golden ending

Without spoiling. is the secret ending easy to miss? Do I just need to save all of the souls?
#9VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:59:56 PM
WhiteSword7 posted...

16 x 7=112 hours

Without spoiling. is the secret ending easy to miss? Do I just need to save all of the souls?

Forgot to add...I don't want to use faqs anymore since I feel it takes away from the experience.
#10GhetsisPosted 5/13/2013 8:06:34 PM
WhiteSword7 posted...

16 x 7=112 hours

I've only played the PS2 version, so I'm not sure about this "golden ending," but yes, the true ending is very easy to miss. You need to choose the correct dialogue choices, and the game actively attempts to push you away from it.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?