Two months since I sold my Vita... how's the app scene developing?

#1TLR_Posted 5/15/2013 5:43:53 AM
I've always had it in my mind that I'd jump out of the Vita scene while it's still worth something, come back later in the game and not only score Vita at a lower cost, but in a time where it's software's in better condition. The sale actually went a lot better than I expected, so now it's just the waiting game...

...any new and noteworthy non-game apps? That seemed to be the Vita's weakest area.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#2MishimaBloodPosted 5/15/2013 5:51:04 AM
TLR_ posted...
...any new and noteworthy non-game apps? That seemed to be the Vita's weakest area.

Nope, only games..

/sarcasm
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#3blazeairPosted 5/15/2013 8:04:27 AM
Uhh why would you buy a vita for anything but games? Surely any other smartphone can deliver whatever apps you would need :S
---
Vita PSN: Blazeaire 3DS FC: 5112-4721-7123
~Sexy, Free & Single, I'm Ready to Bingo~
#4cheezedadadaPosted 5/15/2013 8:12:09 AM
what type of non-game apps are you looking for exactly? Like a calculator and notepad or something?
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"
#5Lazy JonesPosted 5/15/2013 8:17:07 AM
Good to see you here TLR away from the android board. Nothing new as far as apps that I can think of. A few good games are trickling out. I think we'll have to wait until E3 to find out what will be going on in the near future.

How's your play treating you?
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#6TLR_(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 8:56:14 AM
blazeair posted...
Uhh why would you buy a vita for anything but games?

...because they've been trying to push "multimedia device" since the PSP? Since life does actually include more than games, its nice when a device caters to more than games...

cheezedadada posted...
what type of non-game apps are you looking for exactly? Like a calculator and notepad or something?

Mainly just filling some empty holes...multi-service chat clients, eBook reader, streaming video for media servers and some others...

Lazy Jones posted...
Good to see you here TLR away from the android board. Nothing new as far as apps that I can think of. A few good games are trickling out. I think we'll have to wait until E3 to find out what will be going on in the near future.

How's your play treating you?

E3 is actually what I'm waiting for as well. I'm hoping that Sony will announce a remodel with a slider-profile so it can conceal its game controls and be in a size-class where its apps can blossom...then it could double as an iPod touch alternative...also be nice if it had internal storage and better screen technology.

As for my Xperia Play... still wonderful :) lots of unexpected great releases lately. I updated to an HTC one X+, then iPhone 5...but they just didn't do for me what the Xperia Play does.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#7bith_the_blackPosted 5/15/2013 9:26:57 AM
Still no freakin crunchyroll app
---
"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."
#8cheezedadadaPosted 5/15/2013 10:05:00 AM

Mainly just filling some empty holes...multi-service chat clients, eBook reader, streaming video for media servers and some others...

Ahh OK. Yeah I could see the eBook reader as an option. I wouldnt care much for the chat stuff because typing on there is a nightmare, but they should go for some type of reading or media app.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 5/15/2013 11:41:59 AM(edited)
A memo-type app was just released on PSM. It's called Merum.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10twylight777Posted 5/15/2013 11:40:46 AM
? I play games on it...TLR for shame you are a better gamer than this.

Thats like saying I dont play the 3ds because the netflix app is better on a PC....

Its all about the games and im fairly content with the Vita. Play my 3ds when good stuff comes out, but like the Vita across the board better than the 3ds.

The closest device to an "all in one" is the andoid/iphone stuff...but touch controls just stink at the end of the day and the 3rd party controls as fail as well.
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.