Sony: Vita sales could suddenly spike.

#61NewhopesPosted 5/16/2013 10:59:50 AM
Argeaux posted...
The PSP had a slow sales start and didn't sell well until it had been around for a long while.

Handhelds in general don't seem to be selling as much since the advent of iPhone gaming.

It's too early to tell what the outcome will be. I still remember people saying that the PSP had failed. Silly people.

By this time in it's lifespan PSP had sold around 15 million.....
#62MegiddoFlamer94Posted 5/16/2013 11:00:16 AM
archedsoul posted...

Also love how you ignored the part about not being able to read and not countering those points because you probably couldn't find em, lol.

<Please, do learn to read. It's right in my initial response to you and there's a whole topic on the front page discussing one of those points. Stop making stupid, uneducated assumptions.

Hmm, well, you see, I did read your initial response(s), it's just that I can't really comprehend vague implications any better by going back and looking at other, previously posed vague implications. It just makes things even more vague than they were to begin with. Actually, I re-read those posts you mentioned, several times over, even. Not really getting your point very clearly, if there even is one.>

It kinda seems like I did respond to your remark about my proficiency towards reading.
Now, please, shut up, stop getting upset over my comments, sit back, relax and takes notes, while I... ____________________________________________________________________

MegiddoFlamer94 posted...
pretentious white knight drivel

lmao, looks like we got a white knight here.

Really, I don't consider myself as such. Hell, I'm really not a very good person either. But I do respect others above all else. At least, until they give me a reason not to. And furthermore, what would be bad about being a "white knight?" Personally, if people considered me as such, I would be proud, even if I felt that idea wasn't befitting of me. A humble paragon of virtue and valor... Yeah, that isn't me. I don't think I'd like having all the responsibility that would be associated with that. But yeah, I guess you think I'm arrogant, or perhaps pompous, huh? You might be right. But those things I said? I meant every word, deeply and sincerely.

---
'What that something was, however, defied all description. It didn't sit on the plate, so much as squat malevolently, hating all and being hated by all.'
#63cheezedadadaPosted 5/16/2013 11:09:24 AM
HAHA my comment sent archedsoul spiraling into a meltdown? I wasnt even fighting....I would continue the argument but its "too late" for that? Why? Should be obvious.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"
#64MegiddoFlamer94Posted 5/16/2013 11:11:36 AM
cheezedadada posted...
HAHA my comment sent archedsoul spiraling into a meltdown? I wasnt even fighting....I would continue the argument but its "too late" for that? Why? Should be obvious.

You're welcome. :) Really, I'm glad you got some enjoyment from it. For the record though, I really was sincere about everything I posted.
---
'What that something was, however, defied all description. It didn't sit on the plate, so much as squat malevolently, hating all and being hated by all.'
#65archedsoulPosted 5/16/2013 2:45:56 PM

Hmm, well, you see, I did read your initial response(s), it's just that I can't really comprehend vague implications any better by going back and looking at other, previously posed vague implications. It just makes things even more vague than they were to begin with. Actually, I re-read those posts you mentioned, several times over, even. Not really getting your point very clearly, if there even is one.>

It kinda seems like I did respond to your remark about my proficiency towards reading.
Now, please, shut up, stop getting upset over my comments, sit back, relax and takes notes, while I...

Yep, thanks for confirming, you do in fact, don't know how to read and can only, like the most delusionals here, resort to "no u" posts. It's not vague implications at all, it's two very specific points that have permanently damaged the Vita, that you can't even counter, and try to play off as vauge because of your lack of reading/comprehension skills.

Especially when the other not-vague topic discussing it in depth is literally 3 posts down. If you truly believe so, it just shows how much you're haven't been paying attention in your "college courses" or for that fact, in life.

cheezedadada posted...
but its "too late" for that? Why? Should be obvious.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
#66MegiddoFlamer94Posted 5/16/2013 3:11:31 PM
Okay, let's see here... Yeah, here's the first post you made Archie:

"Nothing's gonna spike. Too late now."

And the second, in response to cheeze's question of "How is it too late?":

"The answer to your question should be obvious if you've been following things since launch."

Next up:

archedsoul posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Yeah I understand that point

Apparently you do not.

but the past is irrelevant since saying its not too late implies they need to do something. Whether they do or not is a whole other discussion but its not too late either way.

It also seems apparent you have not been paying any attention at all and seem to have little to no understanding on this or the market and its conditions. Again, it's obvious why it's too late and nothing short of a miracle can do much to change this. At this point, it's a "take your pick" on why it's too late.

Followed by:

"Anybody who says it's not too late, has little understanding of the video game market and it's current shifts and things like the impact of phablets and retailers abandoning the Vita. As I said, it needs miracle-level help here.

And yes, I will continue being intentionally vague, because not only have I elaborated on it in the past, it's really that obvious with proper understanding of what's going on with technology in general right now. I'm really not here to educate, since the explanations are long and plenty. If you don't like it, ignore my post and move on."

And then there was this:

archedsoul posted...
By the way, I'm actually majoring in economics and finance, with a submajor in business and management
lol, like any of that matters, at all. More so because then this should thus be obvious.
so yeah, I don't know anything about the market, or sales, etc.
I'm glad we agree on that.
Oh, and you know, if you just posted a link to the "lengthy explanation" you mentioned, it would likely help validate your point
As I said, take your pick at the many different explanations.
otherwise, why even post to begin with? I mean, making an argument and then deigning not to explain yourself makes little sense, unless you were just trying to stir up some s***.
>literally points out two of the major reasons among several others
>still complains

Oh, can't forget this either:

archedsoul posted...
<perfectly valid and reasonable points 1, 2, 3>
"I'm really not here to educate, since the explanations are long and plenty. If you don't like it, ignore my post and move on."

-4. So what two major reasons would those be? Are you saying you were just trying to be a provocative ass, hoping to get a response from people? If that is what your intentions were aimed at, well done.
Please, do learn to read. It's right in my initial response to you and there's a whole topic on the front page discussing one of those points. Stop making stupid, uneducated assumptions.

Now tell me, where in there have you listed ANY reason for your argument? And as for the vagueness, you said it yourself, that you would "continue to be intentionally vague" which kinda implies you were doing so prior to that comment.

But yeah. Kinda seems like you were forgetting some stuff. I'm more than happy to help you through things, if you need it. You don't need to feel ashamed of your forgetfulness, but do try to remember the things you've said, for future reference, okay? It will really help you out in life.
---
#67HornyLevelPosted 5/16/2013 3:58:33 PM(edited)
@megiddo

It's apparent you have reading comprehension problems because arched is obviously referring to "things like the impact of phablets and retailers abandoning the Vita."

Which are two valid and major problems. Before you go on some ignorant rant, please refute those. In return, I will actually explain it to you if you have trouble understanding it.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#68MegiddoFlamer94Posted 5/17/2013 9:56:11 AM
HornyLevel posted...
@megiddo

It's apparent you have reading comprehension problems because arched is obviously referring to "things like the impact of phablets and retailers abandoning the Vita."

Which are two valid and major problems. Before you go on some ignorant rant, please refute those. In return, I will actually explain it to you if you have trouble understanding it.

You're right, those are perfectly valid issues. However, I'm afraid I must disagree with your statement that his reference to them was [obvious]. For one thing, he didn't even bring those up until three posts into his participation here. Additionally, if that was what he meant, why not just say it, instead of dodging around things? Besides the fact, that wasn't what I was disputing to begin with. Unless you have "reading comprehension problems" yourself, you should be able to figure out that what I'm condemning is his behavior, i.e., the style in which he presented his thoughts. And sorry for the late reply, had to go to a funeral yesterday.
---
#69MotiJrPosted 5/17/2013 10:17:45 AM
LOL
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#70HornyLevelPosted 5/17/2013 10:31:36 AM
HornyLevel posted...
@megiddo

You're right, those are perfectly valid issues. However, I'm afraid I must disagree with your statement that his reference to them was [obvious]. For one thing, he didn't even bring those up until three posts into his participation here. Additionally, if that was what he meant, why not just say it, instead of dodging around things? Besides the fact, that wasn't what I was disputing to begin with. Unless you have "reading comprehension problems" yourself, you should be able to figure out that what I'm condemning is his behavior, i.e., the style in which he presented his thoughts. And sorry for the late reply, had to go to a funeral yesterday.

No, after he pointed it out, and your reading comprehension fail, it became obvious what he was referring to. Stop being obtuse about it. His first response to you, laid out 2 of the points, and that's how me, and likely most regulars saw it. It just clicked for anyone's who's been following since the beginning like he said, and he was right.

If you're paying any attention, the Vita is pretty much at a point of no return, and those things are two big reasons why, among an endless list of other reasons like the advertising fail, the threat traditional gaming is facing, the "low sales, no games, low sales" cycle, lack of dev support etc. There's no way to sugar coat this anymore. The only people who deny this are fanboys.

These things have been discussed endlessly since last February and pretty much known with the regulars here, and it's a constant thing we're all worried about. I don't think he cares that you're new here. People, especially here, don't waste their time explaining, because it's the same old people saying the same old things. We all know the deal already and it should be on everyone's mind if they want to see their investment not go to waste.

And lol at condemning. This is the internet, stop caring about people's posting styles and their behaviors. It will only get you trolled, and make you look stupid in the end with that self-righteous attitude.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.