Why are the PS Vita and the Wii U doing so bad in terms of sales?

#1Silkman3430Posted 5/16/2013 2:21:14 PM
Why?

The original Wii sold a hell of a lot of #, and the Vita is no where near the PSP's sales. Why are the Wii U and the Vita doing this bad?
#2NewhopesPosted 5/16/2013 2:27:00 PM
Lack of games basically.
#3DruidMettoolPosted 5/16/2013 2:32:24 PM
The Vita's price and memory card system is what's holding it back. Plain and simple.

But in the Wii U's case, the system is poorly designed, poorly marketed, is unappealing to its target audience, and is running 8 year old hardware.
#4j2zon2591Posted 5/16/2013 2:34:04 PM
Newhopes posted...
Lack of games basically.

Mostly.

VITA also has expensive proprietary cards where the average consumer will get turned of as their phones/tablets/3DS don't have such.
#5darkstar4221Posted 5/16/2013 2:38:04 PM(edited)
-They are expensive for what they are worth
-Economic Crisis

The Vita should be like $199 for the Wifi model with an 8gb memory card included. There needs to be a microSD adapter for the Vita, that way people can bypass the expensive memory cards. Because Sony will NEVER lower the price of their memory cards to the price of standard sd cards.
#6WartPig_Posted 5/16/2013 2:35:56 PM
well look at the industry. it has gone to garbage. read some of the stories of last gen. heavy DRM, held back content, lack of support, game that are almost unplayable at launch until patches come out months after all intrest for the game has died, rehash after rehash, no freedom to do as you wish with your gear. theres alot more to list.

after all that and the way the industry treats paying customers like criminals. would you want to buy anything from them?

also consider most smart people have moved to PC. its superior in every way (fyi there are gamepads and ways to hook to your TV for you who list that as a reason not to go PC) and you can still play all those exclusives on a PC

keep in mind its only going to get worse, not better.
---
PSN-WartPigX
#7lunchEATSyouPosted 5/16/2013 2:41:09 PM
Newhopes posted...
Lack of games basically.

---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#8JurassicBondPosted 5/16/2013 2:41:17 PM
I think people are just getting smart enough to wait for games to come out before buying a new system.
---
Reading: The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#9yankee6903Posted 5/16/2013 2:44:08 PM
because you are a filthy pR0n watcher Silkie
#10Number_0nePosted 5/16/2013 2:58:12 PM
The Vita was marketed as a portable console, so most people have no incentive to buy it if they already own a PS3. The memory cards didn't help either. It also doesn't have many good exclusives.

The Wii U has even less good exclusives, and was marketed really badly. Also, the name confused many people.

Anyways, I think they will both pick up after a while. The PS3 and the 3DS were both selling badly when they came out, but they've improved so much since then.
---
1 in 10 people on Gamefaqs know binary, while the remaining 1 in 2 don't.