Why are the PS Vita and the Wii U doing so bad in terms of sales?

#11crawdadPosted 5/16/2013 2:58:19 PM
JurassicBond posted...
I think people are just getting smart enough to wait for games to come out before buying a new system.

That and Nintendohasn't really given most people a good enough reason to buy one yet either. It's suffering from Vita-itus. Mostly ports with some good non ports and poor dev support and 1st party releases. though i suspect, a new mario kart, new Marioo and new Smash Bros can turn it around quick enough then devs will jump all over it.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#12Rurouni720Posted 5/16/2013 3:04:52 PM
DruidMettool posted...
The Vita's price and memory card system is what's holding it back. Plain and simple.

But in the Wii U's case, the system is poorly designed, poorly marketed, is unappealing to its target audience, and is running 8 year old hardware.

You can add these things to the Vita as well.

1st post nails it better.
#13VyseLegendairePosted 5/16/2013 3:37:03 PM
I wonder if its because of the collapse of the global economy in the time period between Wii/PSP release and now?
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#14RustleSmith2Posted 5/16/2013 3:58:46 PM
because they both suck.
---
crap man is here, care to backup your argument of why the databook is correct with more than just poop comments crapsmith-Anema1986
#15crawdadPosted 5/16/2013 4:14:47 PM
Consumerism is at a pretty high level right now. I mean what with people spending so damn much on tablets, Smartphones laptops and new cars, and whatnot, i think it's more to do with the availability of competing devices that better suit their casual needs.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#16darkstar4221Posted 5/16/2013 4:26:56 PM
crawdad posted...
Consumerism is at a pretty high level right now. I mean what with people spending so damn much on tablets, Smartphones laptops and new cars, and whatnot, i think it's more to do with the availability of competing devices that better suit their casual needs.

Consumerism is at an all time low because of the economic crisis, what are you talking about? PC sales are the lowest it's been in history, that's a sign that consumers are not spending.
#17YarottPosted 5/16/2013 5:34:42 PM
In general, both consoles are for the 8th Generation of Video Games, along with the 3DS, PS4 and the next XBOX. Both also came too early for their own good. And also, in this current generation of gamers, they never seem to realize that the first couple of years have always been relatively slow for any console gen. We might have to thank Shovelware for the Mass Production of individual video games that are always released for any console. Because, for better or for worse, they do drive the sales in a "Slow & Steady" Turtle pace.

Now, tell me, how many shovelware titles have you or your parents got for you that you actually liked and/or enjoyed? Licensed-titles count, regardless of the seemingly high-budget they have in their background dev history.
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#18Shadowfxd2Posted 5/16/2013 5:38:43 PM
I wonder if its because of the collapse of the global economy in the time period between Wii/PSP release and now?

then how did 3DS sell better, at the same price of Vita?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#19GaisaphPosted 5/16/2013 5:43:50 PM
There's a Nintendo Direct coming on May 17th. They're gonna focus on WiiU games. Would you look at that.
---
One thing you could count on: you push a man too far, and sooner or later he'd start pushing back
#20Kazuhira07Posted 5/16/2013 5:47:22 PM
Newhopes posted...
Lack of games basically.

---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Soul Sacrifice; Xenogears