Why are the PS Vita and the Wii U doing so bad in terms of sales?

#21cnfjti3Posted 5/16/2013 5:59:07 PM
Consumerism is at an all time low because of the economic crisis, what are you talking about? PC sales are the lowest it's been in history, that's a sign that consumers are not spending.

What freaking economic crisis? Consumer spending is definitely not at an all time low. Where do people hear such nonsense?
#22DruidMettoolPosted 5/16/2013 6:00:53 PM
2008 ended a long time ago, people.
#23sasukexiinPosted 5/16/2013 6:45:07 PM
the creator companies don't give a s**t about their devices.
#24KodegaPosted 5/16/2013 7:15:40 PM
Consumers are getting smarter and realizing paying a premium price for an inferior game console with a poor library is dumb when you can wait a year or two and pick up the same console at a cheaper price, with better hardware, fewer bugs, and a decent library. Unless you absolutely must have the latest and greatest game console now there's really no reason not to wait.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#25MoonsePosted 5/16/2013 8:32:39 PM
Neither console is impressive in terms of game library. Wii U only looks appealing the small hardcore niche for Monster Hunter and those who get hard for Mario.
Vita, outside of die hard PSP fans who decided they'd buy the Vita day one regardless of games, I don't think has anything specifically appealing to any demographic, just spatters of games here and there that will appeal to some one or another eventually.

All the while PS3/Xbox 360 have been at their peak and the 3DS is considerably cheaper and has a decent and quickly growing library of games that are enticing the old DS fans to upgrade. I love the Vita and how it's the most beautiful, polished, well thought piece of plastic I've ever held in my life (very much unlike my squeaky back plate, rattling, flimsy, self screen scuffing 3DS XL), but I can't deny it's got practically nothing in terms of must have games.
---
Mind the grue.
#26LuminescentRulePosted 5/16/2013 8:39:42 PM
The Vita is too expensive and isn't advertised enough. The biggest problem is definitely the price. A $149 Vita will sell very, very well. For advertisement, a lot of its games aren't advertised. I keep up to date with gaming news and even I sometimes don't know when certain games are coming out.

WiiU is about the same price as the PS3/360 so there's no incentive to get it over the other systems. It doesn't help that it doesn't have the 3rd party support the other HD systems have. Also, lack of games or, more importantly, lack of games that the core gamers want, especially now that the casuals are gone.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.imgur.com/BkKidga.jpg
#27sentoworfPosted 5/16/2013 8:43:31 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
The Vita is too expensive and isn't advertised enough. The biggest problem is definitely the price. A $149 Vita will sell very, very well. For advertisement, a lot of its games aren't advertised. I keep up to date with gaming news and even I sometimes don't know when certain games are coming out.

WiiU is about the same price as the PS3/360 so there's no incentive to get it over the other systems. It doesn't help that it doesn't have the 3rd party support the other HD systems have. Also, lack of games or, more importantly, lack of games that the core gamers want, especially now that the casuals are gone.

I agree with the part about the Wii U but $149 for a Vita?
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#28StrikeNinja24Posted 5/16/2013 8:50:27 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Lume's idea: Bleed money from Sony on something that will most likely fail.

Someone get him a job at Sony, stat!
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#29Bob the AlmightyPosted 5/16/2013 9:19:19 PM
I think Sony and Nintendo letting the PSP and Wii to rot is a factor as well. A lot of publishers and consumers got burned with those two systems. There's been more "my PSP/Wii collects dust" topics the last five years than any other system it seems.

I think there's a lot of negativity amongst "core" gamers regarding them so it's no surprise their follow-up systems are tanking. Sony basically gave up on the PSP in NA years ago and Nintendo did the same with the Wii (notice how quickly the Wii imploded around 2010?). You reap what you sow.

Neither system will get heavy support from publishers because of how things worked out last time. Ports and multi-platform releases won't fix anything because people already have PS3s and 360s. No one is going to buy a $250-350 device to play the same games they already can on their PS3/360.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#30wstfldPosted 5/16/2013 10:23:03 PM
Price. This thing is expensive if you want to set it up properly with the 32gig card. Hell, if PS+ didn't give away all of the games I wanted to play on Vita I wouldn't have gotten one. This is a slick piece of hardware, I really hope we get a nice shot of games that take advantage of it.
---
Last Played: Guacamelee (9/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Guacamelee