Why are the PS Vita and the Wii U doing so bad in terms of sales?

#31Tsukasa1891Posted 5/17/2013 12:28:10 AM
i was going to get a vita because my psp screen is all pixelated and i heard some time ago that it had a way to download umd's to it, but that got canceled for it in the us. so seeing as there are no vita games out now or coming soon i want, i'll just get a 3000 and save myself $130 to finish my umd games with.
---
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.
#32ServantOfErieosPosted 5/17/2013 12:35:09 AM
People are holding out for the ps4.

WiiU is just first parties, even still. NO GAEMZ

It doesn't help that the WiiU is current gen and competing against ps3s cause of its hardware.

Vita on the other hand is a technical marvel, a beauty to behold, a plethora of diverse games, a masterpiece in product design all in my hands.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#33Pharsti01Posted 5/17/2013 1:00:22 AM
I never did understand why the Wii was a success, i mean, i have one, and i enjoyed about 5 games on it (and that makes the console worthwhile for me), but it was just a shovelware system as far as im concerned, one with the most annoying controller ever.

The Wii U.... well, id say its just a lack of games, and the fact that its, in terms of power, kind of in the same level of current gen systems..... 6 years late, when next gen systems are coming out and developers are starting to dwelve into that new gen.

Not to worry thou, Nintendo has so many fanboys that are fine with just their rehashes that theyll do just fine..... at least, i think so. Personally, id rather they went Segas route and just did games, but dont see that happening anytime soon..... unfortunately.
#34LordRazielPosted 5/17/2013 1:19:25 AM
Bacause

Vita's hardware is ahead of its time. Price
Wii U hardware is very oudated for 2013.

Balance
---
-------------
Dashing
#35Shadowfxd2Posted 5/17/2013 1:30:15 AM
Consumerism is at an all time low because of the economic crisis, what are you talking about? PC sales are the lowest it's been in history, that's a sign that consumers are not spending.

What freaking economic crisis? Consumer spending is definitely not at an all time low. Where do people hear such nonsense?

it only affects Vita, but not 3DS, PS3 and 360...
---
Sailor Goon: "if your parents got you a Vita, they don't love you and you're adopted!"
#36LuminescentRulePosted 5/17/2013 1:33:50 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
The Vita is too expensive and isn't advertised enough. The biggest problem is definitely the price. A $149 Vita will sell very, very well. For advertisement, a lot of its games aren't advertised. I keep up to date with gaming news and even I sometimes don't know when certain games are coming out.

WiiU is about the same price as the PS3/360 so there's no incentive to get it over the other systems. It doesn't help that it doesn't have the 3rd party support the other HD systems have. Also, lack of games or, more importantly, lack of games that the core gamers want, especially now that the casuals are gone.

I agree with the part about the Wii U but $149 for a Vita?

I'm just saying that it'll sell very well at that price, not that it'll be smart of Sony to do it.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.imgur.com/BkKidga.jpg
#37dcamp27Posted 5/17/2013 3:06:45 AM
People already have huge backlog of games they haven't finished on the systems they already own. This is the developers fault because they keep making each of their games 50 hours long.
#38wisemiddsPosted 5/17/2013 3:21:38 AM
Gaisaph posted...
There's a Nintendo Direct coming on May 17th. They're gonna focus on WiiU games. Would you look at that.

It's no good announcing games that people have to wait a year to play, look at Pikmin 3. Although I'm sure some drone will say we're still in the Wii U release window!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#39stawg007Posted 5/17/2013 3:22:11 AM
The wii u is doing badly because it's another crappy gimmick and it's not getting support from the big companies, maybe people realised after the wii that they weren't going to fall for another terrible gimmick system

The vita needs way more support but I expect a lot of announcements in the next few months, the price of the memory cards is ridiculous too
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#40Spetsnaz420Posted 5/17/2013 3:46:59 AM
Its pretty stupid to say Vita is too expensive since the PSP launched at $249.99 USD (200 or $299.99 CAD) and an 8gb memory card was $110. There wasn't an alternative for cheaper memory until years after release.
---
PSN: Spetsnaz420