Soul sacrifice sold 33k in NA.

#81AiuchiFanboiPosted 5/17/2013 5:25:56 AM
Sony themselves say that 30% is the number for digital sales compared to physical. If you want to believe them then 40k would be around the total number for SS in the first 4 days of release.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#82plo617Posted 5/17/2013 5:32:07 AM
1. It's a Monster Hunter style game (which is a niche audience in the west)
2. The system has a low install base
3. It's a new IP (there is a reason why there have been so many sequels this gen)
4. Very little advertising
5. They are only counting physical copies
6. It's only the first few days of sales
7. On the day of release, Sony has a huge sale (many of there 1st party titles on PSN) which I feels might have help taken away from SS sales.

Those numbers aren't great. However (due to the above list), how is this even surprising?
#83LuminescentRulePosted 5/17/2013 6:05:51 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
dacekid posted...
Sales don't matter, the important thing is if the company made a profit or a loss.

If the made a profit then the game is a success and if they're in a hole then the game is considered a failure. It's not rocket science guys.

Apparently basic business is rocket science for you though. Vita fans were hoping it would be the systems first system seller. You don't sell crappy numbers like that and expect any push on the hardware.

Sad thing is that this was the only chance to be a system seller on the Vita. Unless you are delusional and think KZ will be even though it failed to push systems on ps2 and ps3.

I cant think of a single game that came out on vita that wasnt an anticipated system seller. even cod:bod was.

If there's no system seller, why did those 20,000 people in the US bought it for?
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.imgur.com/BkKidga.jpg
#84AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/17/2013 6:08:22 AM
ITT:33k>100k.

Pure mathematics at work I see.
---
Now Playing: Deadly Premonition:DC (PS3-Game:9/10 Performance:3/10), Borderlands 2(360), Lumines ES (Vita), Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
#85SagadegoPosted 5/17/2013 6:16:28 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
ITT:33k>100k.

Pure mathematics at work I see.

yep, he learned from school of goon.
---
Now Playing:
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon(3ds) Metroid Prime(GC) Naruto UNS 2 (ps3) Wario Ware smooth moves(wii)
#86StrikeNinja24Posted 5/17/2013 6:39:00 AM
AiuchiFanboi posted...
Sony themselves say that 30% is the number for digital sales compared to physical. If you want to believe them then 40k would be around the total number for SS in the first 4 days of release.

However, it doesn't say that it doesn't include digital.

Gotta love that Sony is the one company that refuses to release any sales numbers at all.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#87LuminescentRulePosted 5/17/2013 6:48:37 AM
AiuchiFanboi posted...

Gotta love that Sony is the one company that refuses to release any sales numbers at all.

Notice that they don't even do that for their big games? They still haven't said how much Uncharted 3 sold. It probably sold 6M+ and yet they never came out and said how much it sold.
---
#88StrikeNinja24Posted 5/17/2013 6:57:17 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
AiuchiFanboi posted...

Notice that they don't even do that for their big games? They still haven't said how much Uncharted 3 sold. It probably sold 6M+ and yet they never came out and said how much it sold.

With how much advertising was behind that, they probably were expecting more than what they got.

The gaming department for Sony is in a really bad place right now.
---
#89LuminescentRulePosted 5/17/2013 7:15:41 AM
AiuchiFanboi posted...

With how much advertising was behind that, they probably were expecting more than what they got.

Another nonsensical post from StrikeNinja24. Dude, do something - play some games. Just so something instead of focusing on something you hate.
---
#90StrikeNinja24Posted 5/17/2013 7:34:08 AM
AiuchiFanboi posted...

Another nonsensical post from StrikeNinja24. Dude, do something - play some games. Just so something instead of focusing on something you hate.

But there is something I do enjoy.

Your suffering.

You vastly underestimate how much money goes into advertising. It usually exceeds doubling the rest of the budget combined.
---