What a good beat'em up game to get for the vita?

#21stargazer64Posted 5/17/2013 4:05:19 PM
For those wondering, the definition of beat-em-up is ' Streets of Rage 2.'
---
The kind of love that makes us functional members of society, the kind of love that makes you consider others' power levels...
-ServantOfErieos having a moment
#22OximofoPosted 5/17/2013 4:42:02 PM
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...
ninja gaiden is a beatemup?

I would call it an 'action game,' but dudes definitely get beat up.

Ugh, action games are the over arching genre of beat em ups. So? What are you getting at? You just trying to disagree for the sake of argument?

Hack and Slashers(DW,NNN, Muramasa, Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi) and Beat em Ups(Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Scott Pilgrim, Code of Princess) are pretty much the same genre. What separated them is how arcade like they are. More arcade-like is a Beat 'em Up, more Adventure/RPG like Hack n Slashers.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#23stargazer64Posted 5/17/2013 4:50:32 PM
Oximofo posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

Ugh, action games are the over arching genre of beat em ups. So? What are you getting at? You just trying to disagree for the sake of argument?

Hack and Slashers(DW,NNN, Muramasa, Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi) and Beat em Ups(Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Scott Pilgrim, Code of Princess) are pretty much the same genre. What separated them is how arcade like they are. More arcade-like is a Beat 'em Up, more Adventure/RPG like Hack n Slashers.

Ninja Gaiden has platforming, adventure, and light puzzle-solving elements. So no, technically it's not a beat-em-up. A beat-em-up is a game like Final Fight, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, etc.
---
The kind of love that makes us functional members of society, the kind of love that makes you consider others' power levels...
#24OximofoPosted 5/17/2013 5:21:33 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Oximofo posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

Ninja Gaiden has platforming, adventure, and light puzzle-solving elements. So no, technically it's not a beat-em-up. A beat-em-up is a game like Final Fight, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, etc.

FF, TMNT, and DD all have platforming elements also. You even listed two of these games. Also other than the original arcade style NG, the platforming in NGS are all superficial.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#25stargazer64Posted 5/17/2013 5:36:18 PM
Sure, Final Fight has platforming. If you count kicking people in the face as platforming.

Ninja Gaiden has a decent amount of exploration and platforming. Climbing up to reach different areas, jumping across gaps, etc
---
#26MegaMettaurPosted 5/17/2013 5:37:44 PM
Oximofo posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Oximofo posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

FF, TMNT, and DD all have platforming elements also. You even listed two of these games. Also other than the original arcade style NG, the platforming in NGS are all superficial.

Where does Final Fight have platforming?
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#27GuitarJozzPosted 5/17/2013 6:41:14 PM
My favorite beat 'em up so far is Revenge of the Wounded Dragons. I'm a big fan of martial arts/kung fu stuff, so that probably why I thought it was my favorite. I don't think it's available for the Vita though. I played it on my PS3. I wonder if you can copy it from the PS3 to the Vita??

I think I'll try that. If so, then yes it can be had on the Vita too....

But either way, if you have a PS3, check it out...
#28ChemicalBurritoPosted 5/17/2013 6:57:39 PM
Came in here to recommend Kenka Bancho and I see that it's been done. Keep up the good work, Vita board.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Ni no Kuni (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#29mach25687(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:45:01 AM
How is Draw Slasher?
---
Best damn game about Ninja http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ninjagolf/ninjagolf-flashgame.php
#30stargazer64Posted 5/18/2013 12:59:54 PM
mach25687 posted...
How is Draw Slasher?

I had it on ipad when it was free. It's alright in short bursts, but certainly nothing great.
---