Online passes for vita games...are they serious?

#11FayeLadyPosted 5/17/2013 4:17:34 PM
Don't buy games that use the online pass system. EA learned, its only a matter of time till Sony and the other companies do.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#12wstfldPosted 5/17/2013 4:28:21 PM(edited)
Don't buy games that use the online pass system. EA learned, its only a matter of time till Sony and the other companies do.

Yea, EA really learned after all those record sales.
---
Last Played: Guacamelee (9/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Guacamelee
#13RjmhartPosted 5/17/2013 4:39:13 PM
Look at it this way: Sony considered running the ps4 as download only. No disc drive, no game cartridges. I would imagine that thought crossed their mind with the Vita. I get what they want, to eliminate the used game market. I will take an online pass over being forced to pay full price any day.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#14j2zon2591Posted 5/17/2013 4:47:19 PM
Rjmhart posted...
Look at it this way: Sony considered running the ps4 as download only. No disc drive, no game cartridges. I would imagine that thought crossed their mind with the Vita. I get what they want, to eliminate the used game market. I will take an online pass over being forced to pay full price any day.
#15CompassPosted 5/17/2013 5:33:11 PM
rocklobtser posted...
My bro bought an online pass for twisted metal, funny thing is the online line community was dead.

no rooms

Aww. That is a sad picture.
#16MwarriorHieiPosted 5/17/2013 5:51:49 PM
Don't buy used games. Devs have all the right to charge you for a sale they just lost.

they didnt lose a sale. that copy has already been payed for. there is absolutely no reason why ANY company should profit from second-hand sales of their products.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#17GeminiX7Posted 5/17/2013 6:58:01 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...
Don't buy used games. Devs have all the right to charge you for a sale they just lost.

they didnt lose a sale. that copy has already been payed for. there is absolutely no reason why ANY company should profit from second-hand sales of their products.

The online servers are a service, not a feature of the game itself. Hence why they also have the right to shut down the servers completely if they feel the whim.

Besides, if the game is used, you'll still probably get it for less with the pass than you would buying it brand new. If not, then just buy the damn game new. I don't really see the issue. And please don't start with any slippery slope BS where "Next devs will charge us every time we hit a loading screen" or whatever.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#18MwarriorHieiPosted 5/17/2013 7:58:54 PM
The online servers are a service, not a feature of the game itself. Hence why they also have the right to shut down the servers completely if they feel the whim.

that is a crappy argument. why does the person buying second-hand have to pay to use the server when the original buyer doesnt?
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#19Raven236Posted 5/17/2013 8:01:58 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

that is a crappy argument. why does the person buying second-hand have to pay to use the server when the original buyer doesnt?

Cause the original buyer did not buy the game second hand, thus money goes to the company hosting the server.

Second hand sales don't generate profit for the company. (Only the gameshop)
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#20OximofoPosted 5/17/2013 8:03:28 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

That's not how it works. Used sale is a lost retail purchase period. They're is no grey area, you purchased a used game and paid 100% of the purchase to a secondary market.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9