Online passes for vita games...are they serious?

#51dj___rollPosted 5/18/2013 9:17:42 PM
Quote:Don't buy games that use the online pass system. EA learned, its only a matter of time till Sony and the other companies do.
@FayeLady

EA didn't learn anything. Rest assured, it's because both next gen consoles will have a built in system to charge players to play used games.

Except now it will be $10 just to play the game if you bought it used. So looking forward to all the petty whining about that...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#52CompassPosted 5/18/2013 9:23:34 PM
dj___roll posted...
So looking forward to all the petty whining about that...

Anticipating the sense of kinship you'll feel?
#53jessica73Posted 5/18/2013 9:24:36 PM
i doubt that on the console end. EA will probably do that themselves though. Hopefully not on PC, that's how I get my Sims games, used >_>;

and there are quite a few places wit people selling their online passes for cheaper, so doubly stick it to them ^_^
---
Oh yea, thank goodness SAVOTT came to WWK's side. l mean he's so respected and totally not a troll at all - 765351
#54WartPig_Posted 5/18/2013 9:42:06 PM
heres the down sides to online passes.

i have a system and a profile. my son has a system and a profile. i use the pass for my system and play the game. weeks or months later when he wants to play i have to purchase another onlinepass.

or in the future when its hard to find a new copy of a game and have to buy it used.

other than that i think its ok. i hate gamestop anyways. why save 5 bucks and maybe get a damaged game or missing case. spend the extra 5 and support the devs AND get everything and know its gonna work and stay shiny
---
PSN-WartPigX
#55Starwars4JPosted 5/18/2013 9:54:03 PM
It's pretty funny that when all's said and done, Sony does more to discourage online play than Nintendo ever will.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#56kcypher2000Posted 5/18/2013 10:12:23 PM(edited)
MwarriorHiei posted...
Don't buy used games. Devs have all the right to charge you for a sale they just lost.

they didnt lose a sale. that copy has already been payed for. there is absolutely no reason why ANY company should profit from second-hand sales of their products.

You really that slow to believe that ? Seriously? You don't realize that they lost the sale from YOU. Go and try to sell software you already bought for your PC or phone.
#57kcypher2000Posted 5/18/2013 10:18:18 PM
siberian142 posted...
MwarriorHiei posted...
That's not how it works. Used sale is a lost retail purchase period. They're is no grey area, you purchased a used game and paid 100% of the purchase to a secondary market.

and all that happened was a transfer of ownership. no sale was made for the developer, but they didn't lose a sale either.

Agreed. If they're buying used, it is a possibility they wouldn't have bought the product brand new, anyways.

I agree with the online pass in this case. You are not the original owner, the person who gave them money in order to play online. If you gave your $9 to some guy on Amazon and didn't contribute anything to Wipeout's bank account, why should they let you play on their servers when it costs them money to do so? Their obligation to allow the content owner to use their servers ends when they sell it to somebody else.

Your $15 a month is going to a ISP, not the devs of Wipeout.

That is not how demand works kiddos. Demand is a range meaning that if the new copy was on sale for $5 less than the buyer would have bought it new instead. Used games are a substitute good, substituting for a new purchase meaning its direct competition.

If someone buys a game NEW the publishers make a profit, so does the retailer. If this copy is then sold to another buyer USED then only the retailer makes a profit because this buyer now is eliminated from the market to buy the NEW copy.

I laugh when morons say they won't buy a game new because they hate EA etc but don't realize they are just screwing over the greedy corporation that made the game they want in order to support another greedy corporation to save $5 because they the buyer are just as greedy.
#58rupok93Posted 5/18/2013 10:35:09 PM(edited)
Its quite laughable that some people actually defend online passes. Like what do you actually have to gain from it? Do you like paying extra money? Do you have unlimited resources so you don't give a crap or something? It really boggles my mind tbh. The market doesn't work that way you know. Economics assumes that the consumer of the market ALWAYS attempts to find the cheapest price for services and products. Thats how its supposed to be, not charity work.

This is why the gaming industry will continue going downhill in the next few years, expect more nickel and diming, more microtransactions, more cut dlc from the game,etc. Some fanboys follow businesses like they are part of a religion. Do you think Sony will reserve a spot in heaven for you with all their games cause you accepted every one of their business practices? Cause thats how ridiculous some of you seem.

Please continue ruining the industry fanboys. As for me I will continue to stay far away from any practices I don't like. You think online passes will help Sony? Well they can think that but you can be sure many people like me who would have potentially bought psvita or ps4 will not. So Sony can kiss that $600-700 from me goodbye just because they put out more anti consumer practices to get a few extra bucks.
#59mike_411Posted 5/18/2013 10:59:46 PM(edited)
This topic again?
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
135 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#60MegaMettaurPosted 5/18/2013 11:07:36 PM
I can't believe there are 60 replies. Btw, for the person who gave that Gamer A and Gamer B example, it's not true. You as an individual who paid for the game at retail price as new, is entitled to free use of their services, per their Terms of Use. The guy who bought it used does not.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2