Predict the total Vita sales by the end of this year. I say 7 to 10 million

#61j2zon2591Posted 5/19/2013 10:48:35 PM
dulldrohl posted...
anonymousicko posted...
ikaruga0101 posted...
Are we talking about the end of the year as in December this year or the end of the Sony fiscal year as in April next year?
If it's the former I'm expecting a maximum 2.5 million units worldwide(totaling maybe 7 million), assuming a price drop to $200 in the west and nothing else.
If it's the later, add an extra 1 Million under the same conditions.

Of course, depending on their E3 and later TGS and Gamescon performance, they have the potential to sell from 2~5 times they are selling right now.

Well, they couldn't get worse by now, right?

It can always get worse, unfortunately. If E3 doesn't deliver something good, we'll probably see the Vita lose significant shelf space in NA. Under 20k and trending down requires a megaton or three.

+ vaporware stigma..

VITA could still be in quite a rut even with announcements.
#62dulldrohlPosted 5/19/2013 10:59:43 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
dulldrohl posted...
anonymousicko posted...
ikaruga0101 posted...
Are we talking about the end of the year as in December this year or the end of the Sony fiscal year as in April next year?
If it's the former I'm expecting a maximum 2.5 million units worldwide(totaling maybe 7 million), assuming a price drop to $200 in the west and nothing else.

Of course, depending on their E3 and later TGS and Gamescon performance, they have the potential to sell from 2~5 times they are selling right now.

It can always get worse, unfortunately. If E3 doesn't deliver something good, we'll probably see the Vita lose significant shelf space in NA. Under 20k and trending down requires a megaton or three.

+ vaporware stigma..

It's a precarious situation, no doubt about it. A price drop could do more harm than good if there's no software to back it up. Not to mention the impact on future consoles, with the 3DS price cut and then a fairly early Vita slash, gamers could be even less likely to adopt systems early.
#63j2zon2591Posted 5/19/2013 11:24:03 PM
dulldrohl posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
dulldrohl posted...
anonymousicko posted...
ikaruga0101 posted...

+ vaporware stigma..

It's a precarious situation, no doubt about it. A price drop could do more harm than good if there's no software to back it up. Not to mention the impact on future consoles, with the 3DS price cut and then a fairly early Vita slash, gamers could be even less likely to adopt systems early.

True..
#64GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 11:23:47 AM
Can we all agree the Vita will do very well by then end of this year?
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#65nariusseldonPosted 5/20/2013 11:27:54 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Maybe 6 million total worldwide and I'm being generous.

You are generous.
#66GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 4:17:28 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Maybe 6 million total worldwide and I'm being generous.

You are generous.

No. If you are the wrong one you should leave Gamefaqs
---
#67RussiaOnePosted 5/20/2013 4:38:10 PM
500-800 k
---
The only diff'rence 'tween a winner and a loser is a winner plays until he wins -Big K.R.I.T
#68hotgamerPosted 5/20/2013 4:41:22 PM
10 millions or more if Sony decide to just cut the price already. If they don't I would say 5 millions at most.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#69GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 12:37:39 PM
RussiaOne posted...
500-800 k

That is really low.
---
#70GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 2:04:42 PM
So based on most people's post, the average thought is only 3 million sold this year?

Such little faith in the Vita.
---