Vita Remote Play PS4 Facts

#21ITPPosted 5/19/2013 9:57:15 PM
I don't think you guys should be counting on the ability to play from work, you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

No one has ever said that PS4 remote play will work the same way that PS3 remote play does. In fact, I'd expect it to be much smoother and lag free, kinda like it is on Guacamelee.

I believe you might still be able to stream PS1 games over Internet remote play, but I don't think this'll work for PS4 games. Just my 2 cents.
#22eternalwitnessPosted 5/19/2013 10:14:05 PM
ITP posted...
I don't think you guys should be counting on the ability to play from work, you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

No one has ever said that PS4 remote play will work the same way that PS3 remote play does. In fact, I'd expect it to be much smoother and lag free, kinda like it is on Guacamelee.

I believe you might still be able to stream PS1 games over Internet remote play, but I don't think this'll work for PS4 games. Just my 2 cents.

I see your point, but if Sony advertised the feature as Remote Play, then it would be pointless for it to have less/fewer features than the original Remote Play.

They might do it this way for internet remote play:

PS Vita establishes remote play session with gaikai servers
Gaikai contacts your PS4 and check for game credentials and save files
Loads the save file from PS4 to Gaikai server
Gakai server runs the game and streams gameplay to your Vita
Gakai sends save file back to your PS4 at the end of the remote play session.

This will drastically remove the burden from your PS4 and ISP to stream gameplay directly to your Vita.

just my idea though :)
#23dj___rollPosted 5/19/2013 11:42:39 PM
Quote:So this is for people who slack on their jobs and schoolwork. Wonderful.
@StrikeNinja24

ROFL. Working hard on the negative spin.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10